LeadAnalyst,Fund/ClientAccting - Regulatory Reporting Specialist
Fund/Client Accounting - IC3Conducts accounting services on behalf of assigned clients and moderately complex funds including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses and preparing reports.Performs complex Fund/Client Accounting responsibilities in the areas of driving Service Improvement plans, targeting efficiencies, enhancing processes and specialist review functions. Provides input into methodologies and checks the work of more junior team members.Provides guidance and reviews work related to cash and asset reconciliations relating to complex accounts or transactions. Resolves reconciliation of accounts for more complex or atypical transactions and reviews work of junior team members.Drafts reports for clients regarding the performance of complex funds. Reviews draft reports completed by more junior staff.Regularly interacts with clients in answering questions and resolving issues regarding fund reports and accounting processes.Assists in evaluating GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.No direct reports. Provides guidance to less experienced team members. May have people management responsibilities in some geographies.Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives. Qualifications
Bachelors degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 5-7 years of total work experience preferred. Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
Key duties of the role include; Plan, coordinate and track filing processes for Form PF, AIFMD Annex IV, and CPO-PQR. Collect data from internal and external parties. Normalize and scrub data. Enrich data and perform data prep calculations. Provide regulatory calculations, aggregations and final reporting to the client for review and approval.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Familiarity with financial markets and instruments and accounting practices.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with the ability to think critically and make recommendations to improve workflow and service level.
- Ability to identify data and/or reporting discrepancies and analyze the impact of new and evolving financial instruments and market conditions with respect to reporting requirements related to Form PF, AIFMD, and CPO-PQR.
- Detail oriented and proven ability to assimilate new information quickly.
- Ability to provide efficient and accurate verbal and written analysis.
- Strong verbal, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of staff and management.
- Manage multiple tasks independently, while consistently providing high quality and timely products.
- Strong proficiency in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs).
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
AIS Operations-HR08997 Requisition Number: