Lead Analyst, Production Services Infrastructure Support
Functional Title - Lead Analyst, Production Services Infrastructure Support TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG)
leverages BNY Mellon's modern technology infrastructure to enable powerful business solutions while vigorously prioritizing our stability and resiliency.
Technology Production Services - TPS' people and products are critical to keeping "ON" the technology platform used every day to access apps, process data and for us to communicate and collaborate in support of our clients. Role Description :
Designs, implements, integrates and supports various mainframe, mid-frame, distributed, web, and PC operating systems and ancillary products.
Monitors infrastructure and respond to incidents, perform routine health checks and validations after changes or significant incidents, follows defined procedures for routine, low priority incident resolution.
Escalate to second level infrastructure support for new or high priority incidents.
Implement automation for routine tasks. May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members.
Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Key responsibilities include:
• Troubleshooting moderate to complex issues relative to Application and Infrastructure components that PST Operations supports
• Eyes on Glass Monitoring and escalation for 340+ applications
• Contributes to the achievement of team objectives and can work on special projects as assigned
• Provide off hour, weekend support as needed
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration and analytical Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 4 - 6 years of related infrastructure experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
(Most important to least)
• Understanding of Linux, Networking, Storage Concepts
• Scripting: Bash, Python
• Service Protocols: NTP, SMTP, FTP, TFTP, DNS
• Provide leadership and guidance in managing, monitoring and improving server / compute lifecycle.
• Providing systems and hardware support while maintaining communication with application team managers to control system changes through change management using ServiceNow.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities / Females / Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.