Lead Data Architect
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 18 Oct 18
Lead Data Architect
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
Institutional Securities Technology (IST)
Institutional Securities Technology (IST) is part of Technology & Data. This group is responsible for developing enterprise applications for a diverse set of businesses including Fixed Income, Equities, Commodities, Investment Banking, Research, and Global Capital Markets. In addition, ICT provides technology solutions for client-aligned groups and company-wide divisions, such as Finance and Operations, post-trade functions within the Institutional Securities Group and standardized data and enterprise-wide services to provide leverage to the Firm's businesses
The Research Technology group builds and supports a wide range of technology solutions for Morgan Stanleys Investment Research division.
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced hands-on, dynamic and well connected data architect to join the Research Technology team and lead the design and implementation of large data initiatives.
- End to end data architecture design & implementation including data ingestion, data management, data catalog, knowledge graph, governance, advanced analytics and data distribution. Depending on candidate?s experience, skills and aspiration, the role can be expanded to manage a large global team and wider delivery responsibilities
- Working closely with business on data strategy, and with enterprise data groups for setting standards and policies.
- Evaluating vendor and new technology to stay competitive
- Generating new ideas to improve efficiency and drive revenue
- Collaborating with wider global teams on key business initiatives
- Strong experience in building data ingestion, management, catalog, governance and analytics framework.
- Strong Experience in application design and development
- Experience in data virtualization desired
- Strong communication and collaboration skills are must.
- Innovative and exceptional ability to learn and adopt new technologies