Lead II, Software Development
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Dec 18
Lead II, Software Development
What's in it for you: The Application Development Lead is a hands on role responsible for leading application development efforts focused on service delivery, talent and resource management, aligning to our overall technology strategy and roadmap.
- Drive the development of strategic initiatives and BAU in a timely manner working with various stakeholders
- Provide effective leadership and exercise day-to-day management of assigned staff. Set priorities among competing goals and objectives and coordinates simultaneous workflows to ensure efficient contribution to S&P objectives.
- Promote an organization that is focused on outstanding customer service, high performance, team work, and accountability.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are well defined with clearly identified goals, objectives and process in place.
- Contribute to and support S&P enterprise architecture, strategic roadmaps, transformation from current state to future state.
- Develop agile practices with continuous development, continuous integration & deployments, cloud enablement
- Demonstrates leadership on talent acquisition, talent development and employee engagement
- Collaborate with global technology leadership, regional leadership and cross-functional teams
- Create an open and professional working environment
- Demonstrates a mindset of continuous learning and engineering excellence
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelors or Master's degree in Computer Science
- Current, technical hands-on experience
- Solid foundation in software engineering in architecture / design / development
- 10 years or more of technology leadership position with 5 or more years in financial industry
- Onsite experience in a client facing role with offshore service delivery
- Proven ability to manage and operate in a global environment
- Proven ability and experience delivering on large-scale projects
- Must have at least 10 years of professional experience in software engineering, with at least 4 years in leadership
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Leadership positions directing teams of at least 6 developers
- Experience with Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, RESTful APIs, HTTP/CSS
- Experience with API management and Cloud-based platforms and services [AWS, Google]
- Very strong understanding of Test Driven Development (TDD) practices as well as Automation
- Working knowledge of DevOps: Git, Jenkins, CI/CD pipelines, etc.
- Strong Agile practitioner
- Experience architecting and developing large scale enterprise applications
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Innovative, self-motivated and self-directed with keen attention to detail, exceptional service orientation and the ability to motivate others in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Experience mentoring team members
- A curious mind that strives for continuous learning with desire to share with and learn from colleagues