Lead I - Data Technology Lead
S&P Global Ratings is looking for a Lead Engineer to join the Data and Content group, a team of data and technology professionals who define and execute the strategic data roadmap for S&P Global Ratings.
As a member of the Data and Content Engineering team, you will be responsible for analysis, design, development and support of enterprise data management systems. This team has a broad and expert knowledge on Ratings critical data domains, technology stacks and architectural patterns. They foster knowledge sharing and collaboration that results in a unified strategy. All Data Engineering team members provide leadership, innovation, timely delivery, and the ability to articulate business value.
The ideal candidate should have expertise with data management technologies and a desire to drive change through data alignment across the enterprise.
The role requires the candidate to be a hands-on problem solver and developer helping to extend and manage the data platforms. You will be an expert contributor and part of the Rating Organization's Data Engineering team responsible for data analysis, data architecture, data modeling, development and governance of principles and standards that impact how data elements are developed and managed across the enterprise. Fundamental to this position is a demonstrable ability to combine your strong agile and problem solving skills with deep technical and delivery know how.
The data distribution team designs, supports the systems that we use to distribute high-quality market intelligence in the form of credit ratings, research, and thought leadership. It also comprises a series of carefully curated enterprise data stores, data services, data analytics and BI products that collectively support global ratings business to create & publish world class ratings, research and related content across more than 90 global economies.
• Support and foster a quality-first, agile culture that is built on partnership, trust and sharing
• Learning and understanding all aspects of Ratings business process and systems
• Be technically deep and provide input on architecture, design and code. As a data engineering lead, you are well respected by engineers and non-engineers alike
• Partner with other engineering teams and Product owners , including business stakeholders in the Ratings organization
• Be responsible for driving technical design, data architecture and implementation of new features and iterations of core products
• Provide technical leadership in the areas of database design and implementation, services, master data management, data modeling, data quality, data governance, data access & data integration
• Responsible for gathering requirements and translate into actionable IT deliverables using industry-proven data management best practices
• Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data design requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current industry trends
• Enforce and implement Data architecture principles, standards, metrics and policies
• Partner with the Ratings data office, enterprise architecture organization and ensure best use of standards for the key data use cases
• Work closely with strategic projects on defined standards and methods for data usage and propagation.
• Develops and documents data standards and provides technical oversight on projects to ensure compliance through the adoption and promotion of industry standards / best practice / guiding principles aligned with organization standards.
• Develops database solutions by designing proposed system; defining database structures and functional capabilities
Experience & Qualifications:
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
• 8+ years of Information Technology experience
• 5+ years of expert knowledge in data modeling tools like Erwin/Power Designer and database technologies like Oracle
• 5+ years Hands-on experience contributing to data/application architecture & designs, proven software/enterprise integration design patterns and full-stack knowledge including modern distributed front end and back end technology stacks
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in developing scalable data pipeline using modern technologies like Kafka, Sparc and Scala
• Extensive Data modelling / metadata experience; specifically designing logical models / data dictionaries from both business requirements and reverse-engineering
• Experience in implementing data lake systems using AWS cloud technologies such as S3, Redshift, EMR, Hive, Presto and Spark is a plus.
• Experienced technology lead with extensive experience with Data Management, Data Security, Data Quality, Data Governance
• Experience with Continuous integration and deployment tools like Jenkins, Nolio and Ansible.
• Experience in UNIX environment including scripting/scheduling (i.e. Autosys, Crontab, Control M etc.)
• Experience with development frameworks as well as data and integration technologies such as Informatica, Python, Scala
• Expert knowledge of Agile approaches to software development and able to put key Agile principles into practice to deliver solutions incrementally.
• Quality first mindset with a strong background and experience developing products for a global audience at scale
• Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment, understanding of project management principles
• Excellent analytical thinking, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with strong ability to influence both IT and business partners
• Financial services industry experience
• Expert in cloud based development methodologies and state of the art design patterns
• Experience with building and supporting solutions in the cloud including a strong understanding of cloud native architectures, design patterns and best practices
• Experience with open source and distributed software development
• Up to date and knowledgeable in technology and industry trends with ability to develop and presents substantive technical recommendations to senior management
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
254494 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States