Lead Software Developer
- The Role: Lead Software Developer
The Location: Charlottesville/Richmond/(Any US Tier II city)
The Impact: We are in search of a highly motivated and skilled Software Engineer who is ready to take their career to the next level in a fast-growing company. Do you love working on Technical Projects as well as getting in the trenches and working with the team to get the work done?
What We're Looking For:
- Architect, design, and implement software-related projects.
- Perform analyses and articulate solutions.
- Design underlying engineering for use in multiple product offerings supporting a large volume of end-users.
- Develop project plans with task breakdowns and estimates.
- Manage and improve existing solutions.
- Solve a variety of complex problems and figure out possible solutions, weighing the costs and benefits.
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years' related experience
- Passionate, smart, and articulate developer
- Strong C# and SQL skills
- Having experience with basic Java skills
- Experience implementing: Web Services (with WCF, RESTful JSON, SOAP, TCP), Windows Services, and Unit Tests
- Experience with Big Data platforms such as Apache Hadoop and Apache Spark, Nifi
- Dependency Injection
- Able to demonstrate strong OOP skills
- Able to work well individually and with a team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good work ethic, self-starter, and results-oriented
- Interest and experience in Environmental and Sustainability content is a plus
- Agile/Scrum experience a plus
- Familiarity and/or enthusiasm with Data Science / Machine Learning is a plus
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
- Experience working in cloud computing environments such as AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience with Cassandra, Dynamo DB, or Postgres
- Experience with large scale messaging systems such as Kafka or RabbitMQ or commercial systems.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
257631 Posted On:
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States