Lead Software Developer
Job Description The Role:
Software Developer Grade Level:
11 (internal purpose only) The Location:
Princeton, NJ or NYC The Team:
We are the Real-time backend team working with exchange provided market data. We are the center place to provide real time capabilities to various consumers. We are a very small team of 7 members and works on all cutting edge technologies. Our team values are honesty, fairness and discipline. The Impact:
We are working on the top most business priority for the organization which is to provide real time market data on to the web product. This product is designed to support 75,000 concurrent users. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $67,600 - $190,100. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . What's in it for you:
You will get to work on cutting edge technologies and work on the back end system capable of delivering real-time streaming. Responsibilities:
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic and passionate lead software developer to work on the next-generation real-time financial data web platform. The ideal candidate thrives in a highly technical role and will design and develop software using multiple technologies and spanning across multiple geographically located data centers. The development is already underway so the candidate would be expected to get up to speed very quickly & start contributing.
What we're looking for:
- Complete SDLC: architecture, design, development and support of tech solutions
- Active participation in all scrum ceremonies, follow AGILE best practices effectively.
- Play a key role in the development team to build high-quality, high-performance, scalable code
- Produce technical design documents and conduct technical walkthroughs
- Document and demonstrate solutions using Technical design docs, diagrams and stubbed code
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Respond to and resolve production issues.
S&P Global Market Intelligence
- A minimum of 6+ years of significant experience in application development.
- Superior knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
- Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-driven development.
- Required technical skills: Strong Core Java, Socket Programming, API development with concurrency & distributed application development experience.
- Desirable technical skills: Micro-services pattern, Netty, Akka, Esper, Redis, Google protobuf, Google Guice, Google Guava, Spring Cloud.
- Experience working with high volume data and computationally intensive system.
- Garbage collection friendly programming experience - tuning java garbage collection & performance is a must.
- Proficiency in the development environment, including IDE, web & application server, GIT, Continuous Integration, unit-testing tool and defect management tools
- Domain knowledge in Financial Industry and Capital Markets is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, with strong verbal and writing proficiencies.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence .
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, sex, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
257549 Posted On:
Princeton, New Jersey, United States