Lead UI/Interaction Designer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 21 Oct 18
Lead UI/Interaction Designer
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses-and to our own.
The Senior UI designer must have a passion for creating engaging digital experiences. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior visual design skills and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Create best in class designs that are both intuitive and aesthetically pleasing
- Transform objective into innovative solutions that support user-s needs across all platforms.
- Develop product features that are functional and visually appealing
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Create designs that are WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliant
- Conduct comprehensive accessibility reviews and testing to ensure WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliance
- Develop thought leadership in product design through project work, trend tracking, and industry participation
- Executing all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Review user adoption of deliverables and acceptance testing
At least 9 years' experience as a key member of a design team participating in the development lifecycle of successfully launched consumer websites and or products
- Excellent skills producing visual design comps, cuts and guides, and full-fledged design style guides
- Fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UX/UI
- Obsessed with good user-centered design practices and have an eye for detail.
- Passionate about understanding (and keeping the team and clients in formed about) current and emerging UX/UI trends.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage priorities
- Detailed knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.