Lead UI Developer - Front Office Risk
The Global Markets Technology (GMT) organization is a large, global group that oversees technology strategy and platforms that support the end-to-end needs of various business within State Street Global Markets (SSGM) such as FX Sales and Trading, Securities Finance, Secured Funding, Collateral Optimization, Global Credit Finance.
State Street Global Markets Technology (GMT) is looking for a Senior UI Architect to lead the design, strategy and build out of a cross-business, intra-day risk platform from the ground up. The platform will holistically address the intra-day risk requirements of diverse Global Markets businesses across multiple dimensions such as counterparty risk, market risk, position management, PnL and more. The development of this low latency platform platform will employ cutting edge technologies to ensure reliability
Roles and Responsibilities
- Influence the architecture and technical design of the cross asset, intra-day risk platform
- Participate in the definition of the technical stack for the risk platform availing a balanced blend of cutting edge and traditional technologies
- Design and develop the core common framework and associated foundational components
- Design and develop various modules that comprise the platform such as pre-trade limit checks, utilization computation and balancesheet optimization
- Promote an agile model of development and support. Deliver high quality technical solutions for loosely defined, ever evolving requirements under extremely compressed timeframes.
- Participate in periodic code reviews with focus on functional integrity as well as extensibility and scalability
- Collaborate with other developers, business analysts, front office risk and analytics teams to craft elegant solutions to risk and balance sheet requirements
- Evalute emerging technologies and work with senior managers/technical leads to drive the adoption of applicable ones within the group
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math or associated areas
- 15+ years of experience in a large financial services organization including 10+ years of experience in a Senior Developer or Architect role.
- Proven track record in building scalable, mission critical IT platforms for the financial services industry.
- Expert level proficiency in Object Oriented (OO) programming, design patterns and related paradigms.
- High level of proficiency in Java, Spring, REST, SOA, Oracle, IBM MQ Series, TeamCity/Jenkins, Perforce/Git
- Expertise in building low latency applications using caching products such as Oracle Coherence/Apache Ignite
- Familiarity with metrics and methodologies used to measure and monitor risk such as DV01, PFE, CCST, NOP
- Experience with Cassandra, Kafka, Open Source Technologies, HTML5 is required.
- Experience with functional programming languages such as Scala is desired.
- Familiarity with BigData technologies (Hadoop Ecosystem, Spark) and Machine Learning toolkits is desired.
- Complete knowledge of the software development lifecycle for iterative, agile, and traditional approaches
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to successfully influence in a complex organizational with multiple, competing stakeholders
- Demonstrate the 'Risk Excellence' culture in your behavior