The primary function of the Legal Entity Control group is to ensure the integrity of the Financial Statements of the various entities. This includes management of the monthly close of the general ledger and to ensure that all procedures/processes have been completed for timely and accurate reporting of the financial statements locally and to head office. Liaise with Product Control, Regulatory Reporting, and various infrastructure groups to discuss substantive issues that affect Financial Statement reporting.
- Responsible for the month end close across the various sub ledgers our registered broker-dealer ensuring reporting is in compliance with both IFRS and US GAAP.
- Responsible for the month-end balance sheet account reconciliation. Identification, escalation and resolution of issues associated with substantiation.
- Prepare financial statements under US GAAP & IFRS; perform analytical reviews including variance analysis.
- Prepare quarter end and year end reporting schedules for the Financial Reporting group and Regulatory Reporting group. Work proactively in non-quarter end periods to address problem areas from prior reporting periods.
- Aid in the completion of key control deliverables for Finance.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Liaise with Product Control Group, Operations, Regulatory Reporting on a daily / month end basis.
- Liaise with auditors during their examinations to supply relevant information and to address questions.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Proactively identify opportunities for efficiencies and control improvements within month end close and to work with manager and relevant teams to implement solutions.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
Risk and Control Objective
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards.
- BA/BS Accounting / Finance
- 3 plus years of relevant work experience
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
- Public accounting audit experience
- Financial product knowledge with spreadsheets and solve problems with minimal guidance