Level 1 Production Support Analyst - Infrastructure (Sunday - Thursday)
Our Team Clearing, Markets & Issuer Services Technology (CMIST)
is responsible for application development and support for critical business systems including Repo Edge (collateral management), Enterprise Payment Hub (multi-currency payment processing), and Broker Dealer Clearance (securities clearing), along with approximately 350 other applications used by the following high-priority business services and their clients.
Our CMIST Production Services
team is dedicated to ensuring that our technology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team delivers a full IT service management lifecycle across all run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose of providing a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment. The Role
We are seeking a Level 1 Support Analyst
. We are a centralized Production Support for 5 CMIST LOB's (Collateral and Clearing, Markets, Treasury, Corporate Trust and Depository Receipts).
We are staffed 24/7/365 with multiple levels of application support which includes the following: monitoring, batch execution, Disaster Recovery, Application change implementations, L1 Application Recovery, Incident Management, Managing conference bridge through to remediation, and Client/Fed Testing.
You will provide production support for multiple lines of Businesses that PST OPS supports. This entails SOD, EOD, Client Testing, batch processing, App and Infra Implementation, DR support, Incident resolution, automation initiatives, infrastructure support.
- Provide leadership and guidance in managing, monitoring, and improving server/compute lifecycle, including design, deployment, patching, upgrade, security, availability, configuration, gap analysis and capacity management.
- Automate routine tasks and provide documentation for tools and processes used to maintain the infrastructure services.
- Troubleshooting moderate to complex issues relative to Application and Infrastructure components that PST Operations supports
- Eyes on Glass Monitoring and escalation for 340+ applications
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives and can work on special projects as assigned
- Provide off hour, weekend support as needed
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration and analytical
Designs, implements, integrates and supports various mainframe, mid-frame, distributed, web, and PC operating systems and ancillary products. Monitors infrastructure and respond to incidents, perform routine health checks and validations after changes or significant incidents, follows defined procedures for routine, low priority incident resolution. Escalate to second level infrastructure support for new or high priority incidents. Implement automation for routine tasks.May mentor or provide guidance for junior team members. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives MODIFIED BASED UPON LOCAL REGULATIONS/REQUIREMENTS Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 4 - 6 years of related infrastructure experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 4 - 6 years of related infrastructure experience required; experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
• Understanding of Linux, Networking, Storage concepts
• Scripting: Bash, Python
• Service protocols: NTP, SMTP, FTP, TFTP, DNS
• Provide leadership and guidance in managing, monitoring, and improving server/compute lifecycle BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725} Requisition Number: