Loan Administration Specialist
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 01 Jun 18 2018-06-01
We are a global European bank with a growing NY office. We have an exciting opportunity on our Operations team. If you have corporate banking experience as a Loan Administration Specialist with the following experience, we would love to hear from you! Specifically, candidate must have prior experience processing new loans (USD and foreign currency) as well as processing advances, payments, renewals, rebates, conversions and fund transfers.
Additionally, candidates need to have demonstrated experience with the following:
- Responsible for day-to-day processing of new loans (USD and foreign currency) advances, payments, renewals, rollovers, rebates, conversions, and fund transfers according to the credit agreement and syndicated agent bank notifications
- Analyze various type of loan requests to ensure acceptability / disbursement authorizations and compliance against the institutions credit policies and procedures.
- Process disbursement of funds to agent banks and or bilateral clients adhering to disbursement procedures and SWIFT payment rules
- Process debit/credit account transfer between accounts, ascertaining proper allocation of incoming funds.
- Review credit agreements to ensure all interest accruals, billing cycle reflect details of new loans being processed; liaise with syndicate agent to solicit missing information and or seek clarity
- Reconcile and allocate fees received from the agent banks to the respective client accounts, resolve and liaise with syndicated agent back to sort differences encountered
- Monitor past due principal, interest and discrepant fees by researching rate changes; match the unused or outstanding balance ascertaining accurate movement of funds.
- Monitor and process fee and interest payments
- Monthly billing and monitoring of interest invoices to clients
- Clear Reconciled NOSTRO open items and booking discrepancies as well as investigating irregularities associated with discrepancies of loan interest received and or anticipated expected amounts
- Assure completeness and accuracy of files
- Perform all functions in compliance with Bank policy and procedures
Education and Experience
- College degree preferred.
- 2-3 Years Loan administration or servicing experience
- Loan related legal document comprehension
- Loan syndication product / industry knowledge
- Experience in handling loan agency work
- A good understanding of financing structures, related legal documents and various agency roles
- Experience in dealing with different stakeholders / parties in loan transactions
- Ability to deal with tight deadlines
- A team player with a customer-service oriented attitude and positive personality
- Ability to work & deal with rapidly changing circumstances
- Excellent communication skills