Long Term Private Capital, Administrative Assistant
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Jun 18 2018-06-17
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is seeking a qualified and experienced Administrative Assistant to join its newly established LTPC Group. The role, based in New York, will require the individual to provide support to several members of the team as well as serve as the back-up to the assistant of the Global Head of the group.
- Responsible for the daily schedule of several individuals; anticipate necessary background materials, directions and other items required for each activity on the schedule. Maintain busy calendars, schedule meetings across multiple time zones and ensure managers arrive to meetings on time.
- Organize senior management meetings, which includes but is not limited to coordinating and scheduling audio and video conference calls across multiple international locations.
- Meet and greet visitors and clients, answer phones, coordinate conference rooms and meal arrangements
- Handle complex travel itineraries, including airline reservations, hotel accommodations, car rental reservations, car service arrangements, and office space reservations as needed (domestic and international).
- Proofread documents for appropriate grammar, punctuation, and spelling; creation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Process monthly corporate expenses if needed and submit invoices for payment to Accounts Payable.
- Work as a team with fellow administrative assistants to ensure effective management of office administration.
- Perform ad hoc projects and administrative duties as needed.
Experience & Skills
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience as an assistant within a professional or financial services environment; prior experience in supporting senior management would be ideal. College degree preferred.
- Highly developed and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to prioritize tasks and handle competing requests.
- Proactive in preparing background materials, directions, and other items required for meetings.
- High level of energy, self-motivation, and determination to identify effective solutions and solve problems.
- Proven ability to ensure multiple tasks are completed within agreed timeframes and to the highest quality.
- Prior experience in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- The ability to work effectively within a fast paced, matrix management environment with minimal direction.
- Demonstrated passion for teamwork and being an integral part of a successful team.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.