Low Latency Market Data Engineer
We Offer Role overview
The Market Data team is seeking production support engineer to support the Pi Market data platform at Credit Suisse Investment Bank. This position requires full understanding of components involved in receiving direct feeds from exchange and delivering normalized trade data, consolidated book data to low latency trading applications. Key Deliverables
Candidates should have prior experience in the investment banking domain supporting low latency market data systems.
- Resolution of problems in production in timely manner
- Work with market data venues to diagnose issues related to feeds.
- Work with network and infrastructure teams to diagnose and resolve production issues.
- Improvement of monitoring dashboards in ITRS Geneos
- Develop scripts to gather metrics on latency, resource usage for continuous monitoring of performance, capacity.
Additional duties and responsibilities
- Participate in exchange mandatory tests on week ends
- Hours: Requires early morning presence in New York office.
- Work with off shore teams daily for support handover during early morning
You Offer Qualifications/Proficiencies
- Participation in exchange mandatory tests on weekends.
- Candidates must have strong experience, 3 years or more, in production support of high-demand applications in investment banking domain.
Must have experience with four or more of the following proficiencies:
- Self-motivated and proactive with outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- Deep understanding of US equity (CTA,UTP) market data feeds.
- Experience with Electronic trading platforms in Equities, Fixed Income or Foreign Exchange
- Experience with databases like MS SQL, Sybase, and Oracle etc.
- Knowledge of time series databases like One Tick, KDB.
- Strong well and verbal communication skills.
Mandatory Skill-set: US Equity Market Data, Shell scripting, Perl or Python scripting, UNIX & Linux, Windows!
Desired Skill-set: C++, Java, Sql.