M&A Strategy, Diligence, & Value Manager
M&A Strategy Manager
Deloitte's US Mergers & Acquisitions(M&A) Offering Portfolio enables our client's ability to grow, shrink, andfundamentally change the nature of their business and competitive position in adynamic market full of change and disruption. By providing merger andacquisition services from beginning to end, we bring a large scope ofcapabilities to the market and opportunity for our practice and firm. The US M&A Offering Portfolio works withIndustry teams to identify trends that could lead to M&A or strategic costevents and enables us to sell front-end strategic work creating pull throughfor transformative services. Workyou'll do
As a Manager, you will lead and deliver smallor components of large, complex client engagements that identify, design, andimplement creative business and technology solutions for large companies. Manager levelresponsibilities include: providing service excellence by identifying keyclient business issues, determining client needs by supplementing the standardassessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluating andvalidating analysis and developing recommendations for the client in thecontext of the overall engagement. Youwill be expected to implement and oversee the quality of deliverables andeffectively manage the team and day-to-day relationships to ensure exceptionalperformance. Managers participate in businessdevelopment activities. The team
M&A Strategy advises clientsregarding the inorganic growth, portfolio rationalization, and associated riskprofiles that serve as a catalyst for a transaction, restructuring and costtransformation event.
Our professionals assist clients to:
• Optimize their portfolio
• Identify the right targets and assess fit to their strategicobjectives.
• Work with senior executives to develop corporatedevelopment, and define how they employ M&A-in alignment with their corporatestrategy-to drive profitable growth and enable them to compete effectively intheir industry. This is provided through corporate strategy, organic and inorganicgrowth paths, target profiles and investment thesis.
• Test the information that informs a client's M&A dealvaluation and post-merger acquisition plan. We can validate a target'srecurring revenue, growth, and margin sustainability, as well as conduct rapidprimary research on its markets, customers, suppliers, and competitors worldwide.
• Develop hypotheses for value creation and transformation creatively;Assess value, costs, timing and risks for opportunities through strategic andoperational diligence. Our professionals assist clients with criticallyevaluating a target's attractiveness through operational assessments and riskmitigation strategies. We link these findings to deal value for informedtransaction decision-making, negotiations, and eventual strategic and financialvalue realization. Qualifications:
• A candidate must have M&A or M&A Service DeliveryExperience in the following areas:
o Participating in setting engagementobjectives and scope.
o Framing issues and breaking it downinto hypotheses to be solved
o Developing work plans for componentsof engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changesin scope.
o Designing deliverable content toprecisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive toimprove deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
o Managing cross-functional teams todeliver M&A engagements across all of phases of the M&A lifecycleincluding due-diligence, pre-close, and post-merger integration.
o Collaborating with practitioners inother practices and businesses
o Identifying and assessing targetsbased on meaningful screening criteria that can include a client's strategicobjectives, potential synergies, organizational and cultural fit, and thefeasibility of a deal based on the client's corporate strategy, marketexpectations and corresponding portfolio gaps.
o Providing corporate and privateequity buyers with a broad continuum of advisory services to support mergers,acquisitions, carve-outs, investment and financing structures, dispositionalternatives and post-transaction activities.
o Partnering with senior executives todefine how they employ M&A - in alignment with their corporate strategy -to drive profitable growth and enable them to compete effectively in theirindustry.
o Providing industry insight andanalytical support using data mining, pattern matching, data visualization, andpredictive modelling tools to produce analysis and algorithms that enablespre-deal and post-deal integration, divestiture, and major restructuring/costtransformation activities to achieve/exceed deal value, synergy targets, orstrategic cost takeout objectives.
o Managing service excellence byidentifying key client business issues, determining client needs bysupplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovativeapproaches, evaluating and validating analysis and developing recommendationsfor the client in the context of the overall engagement.
o Managing day-to-day interactionswith executive clients and sponsors; develop and maintain contact with topdecision makers at key clients.
o Participating and leading aspects ofthe proposal development process; contributing to the development of proposalpricing strategies.
o Identifying and developing add-onsales opportunities
o Performing role of counselor andcoach; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities;provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices.
o Improving internal processes, andpromote knowledge sharing in the team, by contributing to the community ofpractice, blogs, and other forms of market eminence.
• Bachelor'sdegree and 6+ years consulting and/or industry experience; alternatively an MBAwith 5+ years relevant work experience is acceptable.
• Ability totravel 80-100%.
• Limitedimmigration sponsorship may be available. Preferred:
• Strong oral and writtencommunication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
• Strong problem solving andtroubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
• Ability to apply practical experiencewith communications, culture, and change management.
• Ability to perform analysis andsynthesize data into useful insights.
• Experience in financial analysis,business process reengineering and operational performance improvementanalysis.
• Experience with staff developmentand eagerness to mentor junior practitioners.
• Ability to work independently andmanage multiple task assignments.
• An advanced degree is preferred. Howyou'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development planfocuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and usetheir strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees tosenior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunitiesto help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global,fast-changing business world. Fromon-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at DeloitteUniversity, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue togrow throughout their career. ExploreDeloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we knowthat great people make a great organization. We value our people and offeremployees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive andsupportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. Wecelebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them theflexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy,centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuouslylooking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and leadhealthy, happy lives. Learn more about Lifeat Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by apurpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are andextends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power toinspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism,and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploringopportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with yourinterview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about theorganization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance where applicable. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCMGRKC028-MA