- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Apr 18
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
Individual will be part of the Data Governance team, supporting Moody's globally with various initiatives regarding regulatory related reporting solutions.
Primary duties include:
Ø Managing project specific deliverables and activities performed by the team. This includes managing all resources assigned to projects to achieve project goals and satisfy customers.
Ø Prioritizing, planning, assigning and monitoring work for the team using input from senior management and business partners.
Ø Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with internal stakeholders.
Ø Reviewing existing processes and continually improving them. This includes reviewing lessons learned from each initiative within the team and providing recommendations to senior management regarding process improvements.
Ø Creating/assisting the team with designing/developing ad hoc and canned database extracts/reports using SQL, ETL jobs and BI tools.
Ø Performing ad hoc data comparisons and analysis for the Ratings Delivery and Data team and preparing corresponding documentation including summaries, memos and reports.
Ø Working with business analysts to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
Ø Providing leadership and training the team on technical or business concepts and in industry best practices.
Ø Creating workflow management reports for senior management.
Ø Providing business analysis and change management functions on select projects.
Ø Aiding in the testing and implementation of new reporting, systems and initiatives.
Ø Directly managing a small team of data analysts and business analysts, with accountability for their performance objectives and reviews, training, and supervision.
Ø Working on ad hoc assignments as requested by their manager.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Independently managing and authoring thorough, detailed, high-quality documentation of all aspects of solutions, including business requirements, use cases, and other documents.
• Supporting business requirements activities by providing end-to-end analysis with respect to data requirements, data flows, data modeling, workflow context and design.
• Obtaining signoffs and managing change requests.
• Developing and maintaining strong relationships, and keeping clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle.
• Trouble shoot issues and coordinate support and escalations.
• Lead training as required to support reporting solutions.
• Lead and participate in UAT testing.
• Supporting adoption of data governance standards for Moody's Corporation.
MSS Data Governance
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Five to Seven years or more work experience.
- Knowledge/experience of regulatory reporting for financial institutions is desirable.
- Proficient office software skills (e.g. Excel, Access, Word).
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Visio, Project and PowerPoint.
- Advanced knowledge of SQL, PL/SQL. VBA a plus.
- Knowledge of software development best practices and methodologies a plus.
- BI and ETL tool knowledge (Tableau, Informatica Data Quality, Informatica Master Data Management Hub, Pentaho Data Integration, SSIS, and/or similar toolsets) a plus.
- Possesses excellent verbal and writing skills, project and time management skills, and the ability to work in teams.
- Possesses strong attention to detail.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.