- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Jan 18
Manager - Financial Planning and Analysis
Location: New York, NY, USAThe manager of FP&A is responsible for supporting the Enterprise Risk Solutions business by providing senior management with highly detailed and accurate data about forecasted expectations, opportunities, and risks. The successful candidate will have strong analytical capabilities, strive for continuous improvement, and possess excellent communication and presentation skills in order to summarize high volumes of data into a timely, and actionable business recommendation.
- Oversee consolidation of global sales and revenue forecasts.
- Act as partner to senior business leaders by clearly communicating forecast expectations, risks, and opportunities.
- Own development and tracking of forecast drivers and key metrics to drive improvement in both accuracy and visibility.
- Manage regular reporting tasks and continuously explore reporting improvements as business needs evolve and mature.
- Support senior management by having a thorough understanding of forecast assumptions and interdependencies, to enable scenario modelling.
- Undertake special ad-hoc analysis as requested
Moody's Analytics FP&A is a team of global professionals who provide stakeholders with accurate, and actionable analysis and recommendations which further business insight to enable both operational, and strategic decision making.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- At least 4 years of experience in either Financial Planning, Accounting, or Audit functions.
- Experience building and maintaining forecasting models is required.
- Experience in either software or consulting industries is not required, but preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience using Hyperion planning and Essbase is not required, but preferred.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.