- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Jan 18
Manager - Financial Planning and Analysis (Forecasting Manager)
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Manager of FP&A is responsible for supporting the Enterprise Risk Solutions business by generating accurate revenue forecasts and projections under dual revenue recognition standards of U.S. GAAP topics 605 and 606. The successful candidate will be highly analytical, possess excellent audit and review capabilities, and be comfortable manipulating and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Liaising with business stakeholders to understand operational expectations and forecasting revenue accordingly.
- Working closely with Revenue Accounting to understand revenue recognition rules and accurately projecting future revenue, both under current U.S. GAAP as well as ASC606.
- Thoroughly reviewing the work of team members for inconsistencies and improving overall forecast accuracy.
- Support business leaders by providing headlights to operational performance.
- Support senior management by providing timely and actionable quantifications of risks and opportunities, as well as viable recommendations on how those can be mitigated or exploited to improve results.
- Undertake special ad-hoc analysis as requested
Moody's Analytics FP&A is a team of global professionals who provide stakeholders with accurate, and actionable analysis and recommendations which further business insight to enable both operational, and strategic decision making.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting (CPA is highly desired)
- At least 4 years of experience in either Financial Planning, Accounting, or Audit functions.
- Experience in either software or consulting industries is not required, but preferred.
- Knowledge of revenue recognition principles governing software is not required, but preferred.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience using Hyperion planning and Essbase is not required, but preferred.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.