Manager - IT Service Management & End User Services, Americas
- As part of the global IT Service Management team, the regional IT Service Management Lead ensures IT service excellence is delivered to our Americas business, spread across eight offices in six countries in North America, South America and the Caribbean.
- The role has direct oversight of Incident (including Major Incident), Change, Problem, Request, Business Relationship, Configuration and Hardware Asset Management processes in the Americas and reports directly into the Americas Head of Infrastructure in addition to supporting the Global Head of Service Management.
- The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate strong process leadership, a commitment to process optimisation and show an ability to deal with ambiguity in high pressure situations across multiple time zones.
- Although the role has an Americas focus, the successful candidate will be expected to think globally and collaborate with peers and colleagues in other regions on service governance and improvement and be able to respond to user escalations; therefore, a flexible and sometime hands-on approach to working is most definitely required.
- Risk management and audit adherence will feature heavily in this role and the candidate would be expected to identify, highlight and manage risk resolution and mitigation activities as appropriate. To support this and enable decision making, the individual would be required to create and present service metrics and other management information to highlight areas of importance and the status of the IT environment.
- To be successful in the role, the individual will be required to oversee and work in close collaboration with several third-party vendors and globally distributed technology teams (including Service Desk, End User Services, Desktop Engineering, Building Facilities, Platforms and Comms) to achieve service excellence. This will require the individual to ensure consistent process, SLA compliance and to undertake service escalations as appropriate.
- As this role has responsibility for Major Incident Management and the restoration of global IT services, some degree of non-standard working hours should be expected on occasion. In the event of a critical service outage, the Service Manager is expected to coordinate the restoration of mission critical services as quickly as possible with minimal business disruption while maintaining open channels of communication.
- Focused on Schroders Service Management Tool, ServiceNow, the candidate will be expected to assist with designing, delivering, managing and maintaining the toolset with consideration to the Service Design wrapper. The candidate should be user experience focused and find opportunities to delight customer experience.
- A unique aspect of this role is direct line management and leadership of the Americas End User Services (Desktop Support) team. The successful candidate is expected to motivate and develop the 4-person team (incl. Team Leader), assign and track performance goals, carry out annual performance reviews and oversee End User Services related projects.
- Responsible for the delivery of Business as Usual (BAU) IT service to America's users.
- In partnership with global counterparts, own and maintain standardization of ITIL processes.
- Drive strong adherence to Incident (including Major Incident), Change, Problem, Request, Configuration and Hardware Asset Management processes .
- Direct line management of 4-person End User Services (Desktop Support) team.
- Respond to IT service escalations in a timely manner; to ensure swift resolution/conclusion.
- Adhere to industry standard IT Risk Management principles to identify and manage appropriate IT risks; ensure timely resolution or strong mitigation mechanism is employed.
- Safeguard service stability by tracking the integration of new IT services to ensure successful transition into the production environment.
- Responsible for the coordination of annual disaster recovery testing and publication of test reporting
- Become an advocate for Continual Service Improvement (CSI) and evolve the service to enhance IT service excellence.
- Design and produce management information, including dashboards, KPI and exception reports and service performance metrics, to illustrate service performance, focus areas and support senior decision making.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years working in Technology.
- 1+ year in a supervisory role.
- Practical experience of working with the ITIL service lifecycle framework, specifically Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships and strong rapport with support staff as well as senior leadership (both business and technical users).
- Ability to understand technical issues and explain them in a non-technical way
- Ability to produce accurate and regular service metrics (both KPI and SLAs) reports and ad hoc metric based analysis which outlines performance / trends and aid senior decision making.
- High-level of personal initiative; able to work independently as well as collaborate in teams.
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- Proven ability to manage customer perception through addressing issues and implementing solutions.
- Previous exposure to ServiceNow or a similar IT Service Management / Configuration Management system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills.
- Excellent time management, problem solving, prioritization and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours as evening/escalated on-call work may be required over weekends.
- Ability to operate under pressure and deliver to demanding deadlines.
- ITIL v3 or v4 Certification
- ServiceNow Certification
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working as part of a global team; across multiple countries and time zones
- Demonstrable record of accomplishment working within an Investment / Asset Management firm or a suitable Financial Services environment
- Exposure to a broad range of infrastructure and application technologies in particular Wintel, SQL Server, Networking and Storage technologies
- Strong planning, organising, time and priority management skills; ability to manage multiple streams of work.
- Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding follow-up skills.
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.