Manager, Commercial Development
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 24 May 18 2018-05-24
Manager, Commercial Development
The Role : Manager, Commercial Development (Capital Markets)
Location: New York, New York
The Impact: You will be responsible for managing a team of Client Development Associates (CDA's) and/or Sales Associates as well as participating in manager meetings and planning for the Capital Markets segment as a representative of the Commercial Development Program. In this role you will partner with Sales and Relationship Management leaders and the Program Director to develop and manage training programs specific to role (sales and relationship management) and segment (Investment Banking & Private Equity, and Investment Management).
The Team : Our Team manages all those in the Commercial Development Program preparing them to best support the Commercial Team on achieving their sales and, renewal and retention goals. We are a highly-collaborative, creative, dynamic, groundbreaking global team who work together on key initiatives to drive commercial performance.
About You: Your background will be an accomplished sales executive or relationship manager, with a real passion for coaching and training. Previous exposure to onboarding, training or mentoring sales or relationship managers at the junior level. Have knowledge of the PRG diagnostic methodology and also our internal sales and relationship management processes, and be able to articulate, teach and coach these confidently.
- Manage a team of CDA's and/or Sales Associates for duration of their time in the Development Program. This includes providing hands-on mentoring and coaching, daily management and regular feedback in order to foster their development and success
- Support Segment NRR and/or Sales Goals by encouraging and assisting team members to hit meeting, referral, campaign and usage targets
- Partner with Segment Leaders to allocate books of business and territories to team members
- Attend in person and/or virtual client meetings with team members
- Lead regular team meetings to foster team discussion and sharing and to keep team informed of competitive landscape, process changes, and best practices
- Help Recruit, interview, and hire new Sales Associates/Client Development Associates across the Americas
- Serve as a representative for the commercial team in the interview process for the Product Consultant program
- Ensure the program continues to support the needs of Sales and Relationship Management across that segment
- Measure the progress of team members relative to development milestones and report on that progress to Sales and Relationship Management leaders
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, or relevant work experience
- 5-7 years selling/relationship management or equivalent experience required, preferably for SaaS product
- Experience in sales or account management,
- Experience managing/coaching a customer-focused team
- Knowledge of the capital markets industry is preferred
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to think creatively and optimize processes
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person's ability to perform his or her job.
Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment. If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.