Manager, Corporate Accounting and Budgeting
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Manager, Corporate Accounting and Budgeting
The Role: Manager, Corporate Accounting and Budgeting
The Location: 55 Water Street New York, NY
The Senior Analyst of Corporate Accounting is integral to the Global Controllers group's ongoing responsibility to record, forecast, and manage centralized corporate department spending throughout the year. This person will play a key role in maintaining the models and documentation in support of the quarterly estimates and annual budget, in ensuring timely and accurate recording of monthly activity within the general ledger, in providing results to corporate departments, in providing required analysis to the FP&A team and senior management, and in proactively partnering with departments to find efficiencies and cost savings as applicable.
Monthly Financial Close:
- Review cost center activity, analyze results and coordinate applicable journal entries to ensure complete and accurate reporting of department expenses. Prepare variance analysis and reporting for Controller's office and reconcile a few applicable balance sheet accounts
- Coordinate with department leads to obtain up-to-date information for accruals and variance analysis.
Estimate & Budget:
- Assist Senior Director of Corporate Accounting in preparing annual corporate department budgets; create and maintain supporting documentation for budget files
- Coordinate preparation of quarterly estimate deliverables, working proactively with departments to ensure completeness and accuracy of estimate
- Execute workforce planning updates and compensation analysis as required
- Meet with departments on monthly/quarterly basis to review department results, review project plans, prep teams for QFR meetings, provide analysis as required and other special projects as needed
- Work closely with functional leads and department managers to track key vendor spend, working with teams to identify and execute on cost saving opportunities
- Coordinate central support allocations with FP&A team and lines of business as applicable
Accounting & Operational Support:
- Oversee daily operational support to corporate departments
- Facilitate problem resolution with business service center and other accounting departments as required
Vendor & Expense Management
- Execute review and approval for corporate department requisitions (Ariba, Beeline)
- Provide analysis of key vendor contracts to ensure compliance with corporate department budgets
- Partner with business service center groups on process updates; attend periodic governance meetings
- Bachelors of Science in Accounting
- CPA preferable.
- 5 years plus of experience in accounting, budgeting/forecasting (preferably in public accounting, or a larger corporation) preferred.
- Very well organized and detail oriented
- High degree of problem solving ability, critical thinking, and creativity
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet short term deadlines
- Strong written and communication skills to effectively interact with all levels of personnel
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting theory and practices (GAAP)
- Knowledge of Anaplan or Cognos TM1 software preferred
- Highly proficient with Excel required, Word and PowerPoint
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.
To all recruitment agencies : S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.