Managing Director, Global Head of Transactions -Credit and Leveraged Finance (Legal)
Description About this role L&C Global Head of Credit Transactions Group Attorney
We are searching for an experienced credit/restructuring transactional attorney with significant management skills that will manage a global team of attorneys in providing legal coverage of transactions and investments across the BlackRock investment platform, including leveraged finance, direct lending, opportunistic credit, specialized financings, asset backed and structured credit, liability management transactions, special situations and in court and out of court restructurings. This role will have key responsibility for managing a team supporting all credit and debt related activities relating to investments across the alternatives and global fixed income platforms, including private and public debt and transactions, distressed transactions and restructurings, wall crossings, regulatory advice in relation to fund structures and implementation of internal policies etc. The ideal candidate must have superior management skills and the ability to coordinate complex projects and transactions involving different business groups and multiple products across regulatory regimes. Primary Responsibilities
- Act as lead transaction counsel and manage the global credit team on all global credit investments, manage transaction execution, review and negotiate full range of credit investment and restructuring documentation.
- Review, draft and negotiate investment documentation including loan and security documentation (including intercreditor documentation), bond documentation, private placement agreements, asset and stock purchase agreements, exchange documentation, restructuring support agreements, chapter 11 documentation, shareholders' agreements, subscription agreements, non-disclosure agreements, letters of intent, term sheets and other similar transactional documentation.
- Manage outside counsel review of all investment documentation and oversee outside counsel with respect to investments generally.
- Coordinate and work with business teams, product attorneys, compliance, tax, and operations teams regarding various credit and special situations transactions.
- Provide advice and support to internal stakeholders to develop, establish and improve internal processes relating to the global credit platform across alternatives and fixed income.
- Coordinate with compliance teams with respect to conflicts, information barriers, restricted list reviews, inside information, thresholds and other regulatory coverage areas.
- Analyze and manage a variety of regulatory issues affecting the BlackRock investment platform, including the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940, Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, Dodd Frank Act, etc.
- A J.D. with superior academic credentials from a nationally-recognized law school and at least 15 years' experience as a lawyer in a major law firm or the legal department of an asset manager, investment bank or other leading organization.
- Significant experience in credit matters.
- Strong management, leadership, technical legal and commercial skills.
- Experience advising fund managers and non-bank institutions as lenders or investors.
- Ability to oversee and effectively manage a growing global team of high performers, as well as outside counsel and internal stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills and ability to work with others and manage multiple time sensitive matters in a demanding, fast-paced and fluid environment.
- Ability to take initiative to anticipate, identify and analyze issues, generate potential solutions and make decisions with little direction/supervision.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical, written and oral communication skills - must be able to resolve complex issues in a practical manner on a compressed timeline and to communicate complex concepts in an understandable way.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - presents ideas in a clear, concise and constructive manner.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.