Market Data Analyst
- Competitive Base & Bonus
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Ashton Lane Group
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
Provide wide-reaching market data management for a prestigious alternative investment firm
- Serve as the primary contact to vendors and exchanges for procurement of content and data sources. They will also monitor industry demand, client needs, exchange driven changes and competitive landscape providing updates to Front Office Investment Professionals.
- Ensure that firm-wide market data inventory processes are documented and that the most appropriate solutions are deployed to manage the market data inventory and to meet business unit information requirements.
- Set up and maintain all vendors, services, contracts, owners, alarms, cost allocations, etc. in the firm’s data inventory system.
- Manage external vendor relationships (negotiate contract terms, coordinate internal demos, escalate quality issues as brought up by internal research teams).
- Manage contract workflow which includes but is not limited to working with the Compliance, Legal, and Front office stakeholders to assure timely and accurate processing of market data agreements.
- Administer month end processes and related checks for the firm’s data inventory system.
- Manage self-certification administration to periodically verify services are still required; coordinate with data management to analyze feedback and adjust data subscriptions as needed.
- In conjunction with internal clients, continually improve operational processes in order to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Market Data Management group.
- Assume additional ad-hoc requirements to assist the market data team.
- 3+ years’ experience working with Market Data Vendors such as Thomson Reuters, Bloomberg, FactSet, DC etc. in addition to exchanges ICE, CME etc.
- Experience working with Market Data Vendors and understanding contractual terms and conditions. The ability to interpret Market Data agreements, contractual terms, data usage and distribution rights.
- Develop, manage, communicate and enforce policies and controls that ensure effective consumption and overall compliance with Market Data vendor agreements.
- Experience with market data management systems
- Strong analytical, presentation & persuasive abilities with excellent interpersonal skills and strong oral and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a related field
For immediate consideration, please forward resume and contact details to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashton Lane Group is a boutique executive recruitment firm serving the Banking, Insurance, and Alternative Investment sectors. For the latest opportunities, visit www.AshtonLaneGroup.com
Ashton Lane Group® “A trusted advisor throughout your career”