Market Data Developer
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Corporation
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
Market Data Developer
Market Data Technology & Services (MDT&S), is a function within Technology Infrastructure, responsible for the full product lifecycle for News, Real-time, Reference and Index data across the firm.
Organized globally MDT&S consists of the following departments:
- Business Advisory & Inventory management
- Technical Engineering & Development
- Technical Operations
- Service Delivery
Engineering & Development are responsible for the architecture and development of market data technologies deployed at the firm. The team's goal is to provide a reliable managed market data service that can be used by business groups to facilitate the dissemination of pricing data globally in the firm.
The Market data group is responsible for engineering and developing market data technologies deployed at the firm. The team's goal is to provide a reliable managed market data service that can be used by business groups to facilitate the dissemination of pricing data globally in the firm.
The new hire will be a senior member of the Market data development team and will play a key role in facilitating the integration of market data technologies within the firm. He /She will also be involved in design and deployment of market data systems and services that will be used by the different business units in the firm.
The candidate must have 6-10 years of experience in the design and implementation of large scale market data systems. The position will involve working closely with senior technologists from the engineering, operations and development communities, so excellent communication and technical skills are a must.
- Develop Market Data API's and related tools in Java
- Excellent Core Java skills, multi-threaded programming and caching technologies
- Strong discipline regarding adherence to SDLC processes
- Experience writing and working with latency critical, high throughput distributed systems.
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating environment
- Develop performance and diagnostic tools to assist in debugging issues with market data systems.
- Understanding of RESTful principles, best practices and related technologies
- Providing 3rd level support as the highest level of internal technical escalation
This role requires the following core technical skills:
- Thorough knowledge of Market Data Distribution technologies (Wombat/SR Labs, Reuters, Bloomberg)
- Expert knowledge of consolidated and direct feeds
- A high level of experience in market data content from multiple providers.
- Experience in Thomson Reuters RFA and Bloomberg market data API's
- Excellent scripting ability (Python, Bash)
- Good knowledge of network technologies (TCP/IP, UDP, Multicast, Routing Protocols, Security)
- Good working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating environments
- Experience in financial market applications, exchange data and internal trading flows
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task efficiently
- Holds oneself accountable for delivering on time and to the highest standard
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical ability
- Ability to work as part of a global team
Manages design, configuration, and implementation for a large or several small to medium systems. Deals with most difficult or complex systems and generates new design ideas. Interfaces with business areas to ensure all initiatives support business strategies and goals. Primary liason with vendors, consultants and Sr Tech Mgrs. Responsible for staffing, performance management and compensation decision making. Ensures proper training and staffing on an on-going and project basis. Typically 5 or more years of architecture experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: