Market Research Associate, Business Relationship Management
- The candidate will support the senior members of the US Issuer BRM Team in managing and developing Fitch’s business relationships.
- The role requires a basic understanding of the debt capital markets and ratings business. Some exposure to corporate credit analysis considered helpful. The candidate must have strong analytical capabilities coupled with aspirations to develop marketing acumen longer term.
- The candidate will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing quantitative models analyzing primary market issuances to identify pricing trends
- The candidate will need to monitor news, debt issuances, corporate refinancing and M&A activities daily, and to look out for Fitch rating opportunities. He/she will be responsible for tracking deals in the market, maintaining internal reports and internal databases with company/ target and contacts information.
- The candidate will be responsible for research, development, and preparation of marketing materials under guidance from senior members of the team. Individual must be self-sufficient and adept at putting together PowerPoint presentations and working with Excel spreadsheets.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a degree in business, finance, economics, mathematics or analytically focused field of study.
- 0-1 years of experience
- Self-starter who can understand objectives, work independently and is highly motived.
- Familiarity with excel and statistical packages/quantitative tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills along with analytical aptitude.
- Team oriented, with ability to effectively build relationships both externally and internally.
- High level of focus on work quality and attention to detail.