Market Risk Strategic Change Team - Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share five core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
5. Committing to Diversity and Inclusion
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
• Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
• Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
• Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
• Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
• Collaboration and teamwork
• Credible, independent decision-making
• Organizational influence
• Creative and practical solutions
• Meritocratic and diverse culture Background on the Position
The role will reside within the Market Risk Department ("MRD"), the Strategic Change team delivers change management initiatives across large stand-alone projects, strategic infrastructure programs, tool development as well as facilitating small change BAU enhancements. Primary Responsibilities
This individual will be responsible to deliver value creation through strategic change. The role encompasses projects including internal model enhancements, Data and Risk Framework enhancements and improvements to end user tooling. Change programs involving technology deliverables will be executed in an Agile manner, so the ideal candidate will have familiarity with delivering strategic change using this approach.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
• Gathering requirements and managing the project on-boarding process
• Identifying synergies between programs to minimize delivery time and maximize adoption
• Developing detailed project plans and track delivery against the plans
• Managing internal and external dependencies across initiatives, including working closely with Risk Managers, Product Owners, Front Office Strats and a variety of IT teams to manage interdependencies
• Briefing team leads on program/project status, including blockers and key decisions required
• Assisting Agile leadership in ongoing governance activities. Qualifications: Skills Required
• Self-motivated risk management professional with an interest in delivering strategic change solutions to enable effective risk management
• Good understanding of key market risk concepts (eg. traded products, VaR, stress testing, risk/limit management).
• Experience in scoping, developing and prioritizing plans for both tactical and strategic initiatives
• Understanding of mechanisms to track and communicate performance and value realization on investment
• Ability to identify, monitor and manage project risks, issues and dependencies, and agree appropriate solutions with sponsors and key stakeholders
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Minimum Educational Requirement: Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience is preferred, ideally within a market risk change program