- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Market & Competitor Analytics Data Analyst
Market & Competitor Analytics Data Analyst
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Decision Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 18037888
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The Market & Competitor Analytics team within ICG Client Analytics provides analytical and reporting services focused on Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets Origination (CMO) deals. This position is responsible for wallet and market share reporting and analysis, providing data, presentations and independent analysis for senior management and business heads and constructing performance metrics and various analytics by product, sector, region, country for business reviews
The ICG Client Analytics Group was created to establish consistent client metrics, segmentation and insights across ICG businesses and regions in order to better identify potential opportunities. It is responsible for the implementation of cross-divisional client metrics including revenue, profitability and market share, as well as client segmentation based on opportunity, client feedback and client content based on event probabilities.
The Market & Competitor Analytics team within ICG Client Analytics provides analytical and reporting services focused on Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB), Mergers & Acquisitions and Capital Markets Origination (CMO) deals. Responsibilities include reporting and insights on market volumes, banking wallet and share and competitor analysis. Other primary functions include client concordance, entities management and deal based wins/losses tracking. The team has a small global staff based in NY and Mumbai and works with CIB, M&A and CMO staff globally across all geographies and industry sectors as well numerous functional areas: Finance, Public Affairs, HR and Technology
- Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly wallet and market share reporting and analysis, by product, sector, region, country and client segments sourced from Dealogic and internal Citi systems
- Understand the Street's banking competitive landscape and analyze Citi's competitive share position, strength and weakness by product, sector, region and country
- Validate and ensure data integrity/consistency across a broad spectrum of reports and analysis
- Provide data, presentations and independent analysis for senior management and business heads
- Construct performance metrics and various analytics by product, sector, region, country for business reviews
- Bachelor's degree; two to three years of experience as an Analyst in Finance/Business programs or similar experience/background
- Experience with Dealogic and/or Thomson Reuters Deal Intelligence/SDC Platinum is preferred
- Knowledge of Corporate and Investment Banking products, concepts and competitive landscape is desired
- Experience producing accurate and consistent data analysis across varied content sets
- Exceptional communication skills (face-to-face, verbal and written) are crucial as this position involves interaction with Citi staff at all levels globally
- Strong technical, analytical, data driven skills; Excel and PowerPoint mastery
- Knowledge of SQL/Access/SAS or similar database management tools is desired but not necessary