Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan and execute communications, including newsletters, invitations, social media, case studies, website, email and Public Relations (in coordination with firm’s PR agency)
• Assist in management of email and social media campaigns, including A/B testing, budget-tracking and engagement analysis
• Work closely with the firm’s PR agency to submit award applications
• Manage drafting and editing of short and long-form content, such as newsletters, email campaigns, presentations and blog posts; manage internal and Compliance review
• Update marketing collateral, including factsheets, presentations, brochures and event invitations
• Assist in drafting marketing materials including one pagers, brochures and presentations
• Collect and help to analyze campaign performance data to gain insights and formulate strategic next steps
• Support administration of marketing automation program HubSpot, including building assets, ensuring clean data, promoting positive internal UX experience and seamless reporting
• Maintain project schedules and Marketing calendar in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Plan and execute events with others from start to finish and help run the events
• Work with various client segments, including women
• Provide administrative support to the Marketing Team, Directors and Senior Management as needed
• FP Alpha: website management, social media marketing, content creation, e-mail marketing campaigns and Hubspot management, conference preparation, execution of media & PR strategy, sales support
• Bachelors’ degree in Marketing preferred
• 2 + years of relevant experience
• Previous experience in a marketing/communications role preferably in the Financial Services industry
• Experience in successful event planning
• Previous experience in developing content i.e. newsletters, websites, articles, and graphics
• Past experience managing social media platforms including LinkedIn
• Superior verbal and presentation skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple requests within tight deadlines
• Successful track record in managing projects
• Ability to use initiative and work independently while also being a team player
• Personable and possess the ability to communicate with all members of staff and clients
• Desire and ability to work successfully in a small company environment
• High proficiency in Adobe, InDesign and PowerPoint
• High proficiency in CRM and e-mail marketing tools such as Hubspot
• Experience in webinar and podcast management preferred
Salary & Benefits
Compensation includes salary plus incentive based on experience and industry standards.
Generous benefits include: Fully Paid Medical Plan (with no in network co-pays or deductibles), Dental, Vision, Life and AD & D, Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability FSA, Traditional and Roth 401(k), up to $400 for gym reimbursement.
For consideration, please email a resume and cover letter a must expressing your interest and why you should be considered to: HGoldin@Altfest.com
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is an equal opportunity employer.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management, founded in 1983, is a pioneer in the fee-only Wealth Management movement. Fee-only means that the firm receives fees only from its clients and not from commissions and the sale of products, which can otherwise lead to conflicts of interest.
The firm provides clients with investment management, retirement planning, insurance, tax and estate advisory.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management is dedicated to putting clients’ interests ahead of its own, hiring highly talented people who work as a team to develop the best strategies for clients.
We utilize internal experts that specialize in a variety of technical areas and client segments, and are dedicated to providing a personal, warm, caring atmosphere and a high level of service for clients.
We are committed to introducing innovative methods to the profession that increase the value we provide to clients.
Altfest Personal Wealth Management has been named one of AdvisoryHQ’s “Top Rated Financial Advisors in New York City” in 2018, 2019 and 2020.
The firm is proud to be honored by InvestmentNews as one of the “75 Best Places to Work for Financial Advisers” nationwide in 2020 and 2019, as well as a 2020 Best Places to Work in NYC by Crain’s New York.
Lewis Altfest, Ph.D., CFA, CFP®, CPA, PFS, founded the firm after leaving Lord Abbett & Co, a large mutual fund company where he was a Partner and Director of Research. Lew has been named repeatedly to Barron’s “Top 100 Independent Advisors” as well as Barron’s state-by-state listing of “America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors”, among many other acknowledgements.
Karen C Altfest, Ph.D., CFP® joined the firm in its early years and has had a strong impact on its growth. Karen oversees the firm’s marketing activities and has made a profound impact by dedicating herself to the empowerment of women. Among her acknowledgements, Karen has been recognized by Forbes as a “Top Women Wealth Advisor” by Forbes from 2017-2020, as well as a Forbes “Best-in-State Wealth Advisor” from 2018-2020. She has also been featured in Crain’s New York Business’ list of “Notable Women in Finance” in 2018 and 2019.
Andrew Altfest, MBA, CFP® has spearheaded several initiatives to expand the firm since joining in 2003, including organizing different practice groups focused on client segments, launching private equity solutions, and directing the firm’s Young Professionals group. He is also an active member of Altfest’s Investment Committee and the Portfolio Action Group, which sets investment strategy for client portfolios. Andrew was named a “Best-In-State Wealth Advisor” by Forbes in its 2018, 2019 and 2020 rankings, as well as a Young Advisor to Watch by Financial Advisor in 2020. He also was included in Forbes’ list of America’s Top Next-Generation Wealth Advisors in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
The firm's culture is very collegial with a family atmosphere where we care for our employees. Our team is very analytical, hardworking and yet looks to develop new ideas that will help it sustain and accelerate our growth into the future.
*AdvisoryHQ’s ranking methodology is based on a wide range of filters including fiduciary duty, level of customized service, and history of innovation. There is no fee to participate. Details regarding Advisory HQ’s selection methodology can be found at http://www.advisoryhq.com/articles/advisoryhqs-methodology-for-selecting-top-advisors/
*InvestmentNews’ Best Places to Work for Financial Advisors recognition is a survey competition to determine which participants are the best employers. The process is managed by Best Companies Group (BCG) and winners are published in an issue of Investment News. The process includes 2 surveys to gather detailed data about each participating company. BCG conducts the surveys, analyzes the data and determines the winners and rankings.
*For Crain’s Best Places to Work in NYC, Crain’s works with Best Companies Group, an independent research company that has been managing employee engagement surveys since 2004, to conduct the research and provide us with a final ranked list. The rankings are based on a calculation that involves the weighting of your employee survey (75%) and your employer questionnaire (25%). Our news department reports solely on the results of the data that is provided to us by Best Companies Group and does not have any input into the rankings.
*Barron’s America’s Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors is based on assets under management, revenue generated by advisors for their firm, and the quality of the advisors’ practices. Investment performance is not an explicit criterion because performance is often a function of each client’s appetite for risk. In evaluating advisors, they examine regulatory records, internal company documents, and 100-plus points of data provided by the advisors. There is no fee to participate. Additional details regarding the criteria and process utilized in formulating these rankings can be found by at http://www.barrons-conferences.com/advisor-rankings.html
*Forbes’ Top Women Wealth Advisors developed by SHOOK Research, is based on an algorithm of qualitative and quantitative data, rating thousands of advisors with a minimum of seven years of experience & weighing factors like revenue trends, AUM, compliance records, industry experience and best practices learned through telephone and in-person interviews. Portfolio performance is not a criteria due to varying client objectives and lack of audited data. There is no fee to participate.
*Barron’s state-by-state listing of America’s Top 1,200 Financial Advisors lists the top advisors in each state, with the number of ranking spots determined by each state’s population and wealth. The rankings are based on assets under management, revenue generated by advisors for their firm, and the quality of the advisors’ practices. Investment performance is not an explicit criterion because performance is often a function of each client’s appetite for risk. In evaluating advisors, they examine regulatory records, internal company documents, and 100-plus points of data provided by the advisors themselves. There is no fee to participate. Additional details regarding the criteria and process utilized in formulating these rankings can be found by at http://www.barrons-conferences.com/advisor-rankings.html
*Crain’s Custom editors choose candidates based on their professional, civic and philanthropic achievements. For Notable Women in Finance, they only considered candidates working in asset management, banking, capital markets or credit cards who worked within the five boroughs of NYC. They often try to choose candidates who greatly contribute to the advancement of women in their workplace or industry as a whole.
*Forbes’ ranking of America’s Top Next-Generation Wealth Advisors, developed by SHOOK Research, is based on an algorithm of qualitative and quantitative data, rating thousands of professionals with a minimum of four years relevant experience. Factors reviewed include revenue trends, assets under management, compliance records, industry experience and best practices. Also, interviews are held via telephone and in-person conversations. Portfolio performance is not a criteria due to varying client objectives and lack of audited data. There is no fee to participate.
*Financial Advisor’s Young Advisors to Watch criteria is based on nominations from influential industry professionals of advisors age 40 and below – if more than one professional nominates a candidate, they are then considered on a number of qualitative factors, including thought leadership, innovative thinking, and more. Assets and accreditation are not factored into this recognition. There is no fee to participate.
Investing involves risks, including the potential for loss of principal. There is no guarantee that any investment plan or strategy will be successful.