Marketing Manager - Financial Services Industry - Deloitte Consulting
Financial Services Industry - Marketing Manager - Strategic Marketing Planning
Think a Big Four career is just spreadsheets, gray suits, and corporate profits? Look again.
Deloitte's full-service Marketing Excellence organization is seeking collaborative creatives, skillful strategists, and marketing masterminds to lead our businesses in exciting new directions. If you're a Marketing and Communications professional who sees the world differently, has a strong knowledge of Financial Services Industry and solutions, finds opportunity where others don't, and keeps a pulse on the next big trends, then become our partner in growth. Together we'll discover new ways to transform out-of-the-box ideas into measurable business results for our clients and our company. If you're ready to make an impact, join our team to see how we Deloitte differently.
The Financial Services Industry Strategic Marketing Planner (SMP) Manager serves as trusted marketing advisor to their business leaders and key stakeholders. In this role you will oversee marketing strategy and planning for the Financial Services Industry business and collaborate on cross-Deloitte marketing for additional priority areas. You will define and execute integrated marketing campaigns that support the Financial Services Industry business and industry programs.
You'll also be responsible for managing marketing campaign execution. In addition, you'll help build specific programs that utilize innovative, go-to-market tools and approaches, leveraging the full capabilities of the firm to maximize reach and impact the market. The Team
Deloitte's Marketing Excellence team provides value to the U.S. Firms by differentiating the Deloitte brand, driving Deloitte's business priorities forward, innovating new marketing solutions, and delivering distinct client experiences. We develop cutting-edge marketing plans, creative assets, and unique experiences that engage our clients; deliver on the strategy of our businesses in the marketplace; and capture the hearts, minds, and loyalty of our clients. Responsibilities include
- In conjunction with the Business Chief Marketing Officer (BCMO) and pillar leaders, develop, maintain, and drive prioritization of all marketing activities for specific areas of responsibility
- Work with BCMO, Pillar Lead, and stakeholders to initiate and develop strategic marketing campaigns in support of priorities
- Coordinate with Internal Communications around initiation and development of strategic marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with PR team to drive media coverage when applicable
- Manage the overall Financial Services Industry focused portfolio of campaigns and activities to ensure proper prioritization and utilization of appropriate resources
- Develop strategic briefs (business cases) for prioritized marketing campaigns; drive the approval process for campaigns with key leadership
- Engage other SMPs to coordinate campaign activities and pull in other capabilities, as appropriate
- Engage Campaign Management in execution of campaigns; oversee campaign delivery, in conjunction with the Green Dot Agency
- Manage the overall marketing calendar, including major campaigns, product/offering launches, major events, and core marketing maintenance activities
- Coach junior marketing members on your team and across Marketing Excellence
- Plan and manage marketing budgets for campaigns in conjunction with Campaign Management
- Serve as marketing advisor to key stakeholders within the business; contribute to the articulation of value propositions; develop marketing objectives in support of key priorities; and serve as connection point across the firm
- Bring innovative thinking and marketing practices to all marketing activities
- Develop metrics and KPIs to assess campaign success, activity and channel levels to inform future campaign tactics, with the help of Deloitte's Green Dot Agency
How you'll grow
- 10+ years' experience in marketing and communications, with a focus on marketing and communications strategy and planning
- Deep understanding of integrated marketing and communications strategies and how they come together to provide measurable results
- Deep understanding of marketing planning with an ability to execute tactically
- Ability to design campaigns that are measurable
- Strong persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to gain consensus through influence
- Previous experience in B2B marketing
- Superior Microsoft Office skills (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); familiarity with integrating various technologies to support marketing efforts
- Undergraduate degree, ideally with a focus in Marketing or Communications
- Marketing strategy experience in professional services or a related industry preferred
- Financial Services Industry experience preferred
- Travel of up to 15%
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20CHISMGRJD098-MEL5