Markit EDM Developer - Asset Management
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 May 18 2018-05-17
A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is currently looking to hire a Vice President, Markit EDM Developer with 2-3+ years of Markit EDM development / implementation experience within the asset management industry. SQL skills are highly preferred. The Markit EDM Developer is an expansionary role (not replacing anyone) which would allow the individual to be recognized as an important point person on projects which align domestic and global platforms.
Vice President, Markit EDM Developer
- Utilize technical expertise in Markit EDM along with strong domain knowledge within Investments and Operations in order to align domestic and global enterprise architectures including Security Master, Investment Book of Record (IBOR) and Product / Portfolio Master utilizing the Markit EDM data management platform
- Develop custom solutions to meet business requirements
- Work with internal technology application development and management teams, and with 3rd party strategic sourcing partners to deliver business solutions under agreed development and project delivery standards
- Work collaboratively with IT and Business Analysts to analyze requirements and prepare technical specifications to communicate requirements with internal counterparts and external vendors
- Conduct data management including equities, fixed income securities and derivatives
- Partner with business to identify solutions and strategy
- Deliver documentations required in various stages of SDLC - Software Development Life Cycle as well as the System Integration Life Cycle when integrating off-the-shelf products and responsible for seeking signoff by relevant parties
- Create of functional and technical specifications. Once requirements are clearly defined, create the functional solution and, by working with the technical team (architect and developers), creates technical specifications and design.
- Work with external service and software partners to translate business requirements into functional process design, including the handoffs between both the partner(s) and internal BAU teams.
- Partner with software development teams to deliver solutions to business requirements. Review the system design and perform testing to ensure the quality of the deliverables.
- Support integration tests, user acceptance tests and production rollout.
- Diagnose technical issues and work with vendors to resolve system issues.
- Collaborate closely with local and overseas counterparts.
- Conduct automated unit/integration testing.
- Actively engage in the design and development of Application/SDLC/environment/user metrics telemetry/metrics to ensure continuous improvement of the platform.
- Engage with DevOps engineers to design and deliver a fully automated software delivery pipeline for EDM
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Information Technology or related field.
- 2-3+ years of Markit Development / Implementation experience within the asset management industry
- Strong understanding of investment operations processes, specifically related to security master and investment book of record data domains, other data domains such as client, portfolio, investment analytics and index data a plus
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile project and development approaches
- SQL experience is preferred