Marquee Engineering - Test Engineer
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs USA
- 19 Oct 18
Marquee Engineering - Test Engineer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB The Marquee team at Goldman Sachs is responsible for delivering digital products to our institutional client base. We design and build highly scalable web platforms that provide access to Goldman Sachs content, portfolio analytics, risk, and execution services. These tools help to transform and simplify client experiences while generating new revenue streams and business models for a leader in global financial markets. Marquee is a product driven team, composed of talented and passionate product managers, designers, and engineers working to change the expectation of institutional finance.
The Marquee Test Engineer will focus on full stack testing, including UI web automation, service & API testing, and performance testing. We envision this role to reduce the number and severity of production incidents by partnering with colleagues from across the technology and business teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILTIES
- Work closely with business and developers on understanding and defining product requirements.
- Devise and implement testing strategy for existing and new projects/products within Marquee Engineering using firm tooling and best practices.
- Create long-term testing strategy to reach across divisions internally, including building out and leading a testing team.
- Work across engineering, product, and design teams to drive continuous quality uplift of systems through automation.
- Drive and influence change across groups based on quality assurance.
- Exploratory testing - develop an understanding of how the user will use the software
- Write & execute functional and regression tests
- Develop & review test cases
- Evaluate, troubleshoot and test software
- Drive automation of quality metrics collection and ongoing analysis to ensure quality of systems is not compromised over time.
- Work closely with platform team engineers in order to introduce and improve testing in a Continuous Delivery approach
PREFERRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years of testing experience
- Understanding of different testing strategies used during SDLC
- Solid knowledge of QA testing methodologies and processes, including both white box and black box testing
- Experience in writing test plans and test cases
- Familiarity with issue tracking systems including Jira
- Java, Java Script, Shell scripts
- Good understanding of asynchronous programming, Promises and Callbacks
- Experience with web automation tools, Selenium preferred
- Ability to create testing frameworks and knowledge of design patterns (e.g page objects)
- REST APIs
- Networking including TCP, HTTP, DNS, SSL certificates
- Work on some of the most complex technical and design challenges in technology and finance
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and math who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.