Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Manager
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 13 Dec 17 2017-12-13
Mergers & Acquisitions Tax Manager
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading firm that services clients that include the Fortune 500, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If you are, then PwC US (PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and its subsidiaries) may be the firm for you.
We're a member of the PwC network of firms located in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC US helps organizations and individuals create the value for which they are looking.
Our professionals are at the heart of our business strategy and success by bringing personal and professional experiences; we understand that our business is impacted by a person's personal and professional lives.
PwC US recruits top talent with traditional and nontraditional backgrounds, with a focus on diversity and inclusion, so that we continue to build PwC US as a great place to work. Our people are armed with the tools-including enriching professional experiences, everyday coaching, timely and productive feedback, and high-quality learning and development opportunities-to deliver each day. We are committed to building lasting relationships and delivering value to our clients.
Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us
The PwC network is a global market leader in tax services.
We assist businesses, individuals, and organizations with tax strategy, planning, and compliance, while also delivering a wide range of business advisory services.
With over 32,000 tax professionals, this means that the PwC network can support our clients both locally and globally.
We have experience working with an expansive and diverse client-base, which comprises all types of businesses-multinationals, local companies, privately-owned organizations, entrepreneurs, family businesses, trusts, partnerships, and private individuals.
The Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) group is comprised of subject matter specialists in the areas of Corporate and Partnership Tax M&A. The group advises private equity, multinational corporations, privately held companies, and partnerships on the tax aspects of due diligence, planning, structuring, and executing transactions of all sizes.
The group assists its clients in all facets of M&A tax, including but not limited to the following:
- buy side and vendor tax due diligence;
- proposed restructuring and acquisition transactions;
- proposed corporate carve-outs and other disposition transactions;
- IPO planning;
- interpretation of complex statutory and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions;
- quantitative analysis to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions;
- regulatory and legislative initiatives;
- troubled company restructuring and bankruptcy procedures; and
- preparation for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS.
As part of this group, you will work with C-Suite executives and senior tax professionals and will analyze proposed transactions for unusual tax risks or undetermined tax benefits, advise clients on tax-efficient restructurings, interpret complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, perform financial analysis to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions, assist clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives, and prepare for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting
Certification(s) Required: CPA, Enrolled Agent or Member of the Bar
Degree Preferred: Juris Doctorate or Master's degree with Accounting or Tax, or in Taxation
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge of, and/or success in roles managing, the performance of financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices
including corporate M&A, private equity, post-deal integration, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency
as it relates to a global network of professional services consulting firms, including the following areas:
- Tax consulting and planning
e.g. analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks for undetermined tax benefits;
- Transaction structuring for tax issues and corporate restructuring
e.g. advising clients on tax-efficient restructuring;
- Due diligence
complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, assisting clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives, and preparing for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS; and,
- Strategy formulation and financial modeling
e.g. performing financial analyses to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with managing financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices, preferably for a global network of professional services consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Applying and interpreting U.S. federal income tax law as it relates to tax due diligence exercises, including Subchapter C corporations, partnerships, consolidated groups, corporate bankruptcies and insolvencies, tax efficient structuring and use of debt, the reorganization provisions of the Internal Revenue Code, and technical writing and reviewing of opinion letters and memoranda;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials; and,
- Leading teams: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.