Model Developer - Structured Finance
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 21 Jul 18 2018-07-21
Model Developer - Structured Finance
The Location: New York, NY
The Role: This role will focus on model development and model ownership for a portfolio of Structured Finance (SF) models. The candidate will work within the S&P Global Methodologies team focusing on developing models that drive the SF practice Ratings decisions. The candidate will also manage the governance and ownership aspects of the model throughout the life-cycle of the model.
The Team: The S&P Global Methodologies team is responsible for the development and management of all S&P Global Ratings criteria and models. This group works closely with the S&P Global Ratings services to ensure the timely and accurate publication of Criteria and models.
The Roles and Responsibilities:
- Model documentation and governance within the Structured Finance Ratings portfolio of models.
- Writing specification documents that reflect the relevant criteria
- Support senior model owners within the group
- Model Development/Implementation of Credit Models, Cashflow Models , Rule Based Models
- Work closely with the Model Validation group within the Risk organization of S&P global.
- Backtesting model portfolios
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Finance, Economics or Mathematics
- CPA, CFA and/or MBA candidate a plus
- Minimum of 1-3 years work experience in related fields
- Requires proficiency in Microsoft Excel/VBA and programming languages, namely "R", C++, Matlab
- Understanding of Structured Finance Products (e.g. Collateralized Debt Obligations and Residential/Asset Backed Securities)
- The success of this role will be greatly impacted by the individual's ability to communicate issues, recommendations, and decisions to subject matter experts and management. Therefore the following levels of knowledge/experience are essential:
- Good communication skills (written and oral)
- Good problem solving skills
- Good multi-tasking skills
- Good group facilitation skills
- Ability to work well within the context of a team
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Good decision making skills
- Basic understanding of database modeling/design/applications
About S&P Global Ratings
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.