Morgan Stanley Investment Management Operational Risk Manager – Senior Associate/VP
Morgan Stanley is a leading global services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, employees share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team orientation. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), together with its investment advisory affiliates, operates in 23 countries with $655 billion in assets under management or supervision as of June 30 , 2020. MSIM strives to provide outstanding long-term investment performance, service and a comprehensive suite of investment management solutions to a diverse client base, which includes governments, institutions, corporations and individuals worldwide.
Investment Management's Global Risk & Analysis department has an open position for an Operational Risk professional at the Senior Associate/Vice President level based in New York. The position will report into an Executive Director of Operational Risk and will interface with business partners in both the private and public sides of the business. Responsibilities
- Provide operational risk coverage across a wide spectrum of products and businesses
- Work as a member of the team and independently to manage risk in accordance with the Firm's Operational Risk Management framework including risk identification, measurement and monitoring
- Conduct periodic and trigger based risk and control self-assessments to ensure that risks are properly assessed, controlled and challenged
- Facilitate the third party program management including the vendor onboarding, risk reviews and performance monitoring
- Conduct end user computing tool and model assessments and perform control validation
- Analyze operational risk incidents and conduct thematic reviews for control enhancements and risk mitigation
- Assist in conducting front to back business service recovery planning for key business services and, scenario development and testing across cyber, infrastructure and natural disaster impacts as part of the Firm resilience efforts
- Assist in regulatory initiatives including recovery and resolution planning, privacy, etc.
- Provide business unit information security coverage and review (review entitlements coverage, investigate and analyze information security incidents)
- Create presentations intended for risk committees, senior management and regulators
- Report on top operational risks, key risk indicators, risk appetite dashboards, risk issues and actions
- Build and enhance end-user computing tools used to support operational risk management
- Undergraduate degree in business, finance, economics or other disciplines demonstrating both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills. MBA, CFA, CPA, CISA, or FRM is considered a plus but not required
- 6+ years of financial services experience in audit, compliance, product management, technology management, or operational risk management
- Experience with buy-side business and associated support and control functions is strongly preferred
- Proven track record in business analysis or data analysis, process improvements, regulatory projects and technology integration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and relationship management skills
- Good technical skills including Excel, Access, and other end user computing tools. Prior experience with creating executive dashboards is a plus