Multifamily Affordable Housing Underwriting US Municipals - Vice President
Position Overview Job Title:
Multifamily Affordable Housing Underwriting US Municipals Corporate Title:
Vice President Location:
New York, NY Overview
The US Municipals Business operates within the US Rates franchise of the broader Rates/Fixed Income and Currencies (FIC) business at Deutsche Bank; it is a business comprised of origination, structuring, financing, and trading activities. We are seeking a Senior Underwriter to join the team where you would be responsible for screening and underwriting all loan types for affordable housing properties - you will be responsible for managing the underwriting and diligence of loans independently and making complex underwriting decisions with limited supervision. The position requires you to be very organized and detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills; it requires processing and analyzing information for loans with a dependence on agency underwriting standards and guidelines. Given the size of the team it is an extremely interactive role where you will be empowered to work both as part of a team but also with clearly defined responsibilities. This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in an exciting and diverse market while learning about an array of financial instruments under the guidance of a very experienced origination/structuring team. What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement Savings Plans, Parental Leave, and other family-friendly programs
- On-site cafeteria, health center, and an environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank's specialized employee groups
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse Your Key Responsibilities:
Your Skills and Experience:
- Review initial screening and loan application; manage the due diligence process for transactions including the full financial analysis and preparation of financial models and credit memos
- Serve as the primary point of contact for clients and may be the point of contact on credit and underwriting issues, when it is necessary
- Responsible for training junior team members
- Complete review, analysis, and approval of due diligence materials related to a loan submission; review and provide commentary on third party reports
- Finalize the underwriting narrative and model and/or provide direction to junior underwriting staff
- Ensure on-going communication on all aspects of the loan process with key stakeholders; conduct site visits independently
How You'll Lead:
- Ability to take ownership for loan transactions and manage workload with minimal supervision
- Thorough product knowledge of Affordable Housing and LIHTC financing
- Proficient in analysis of mortgage credit and borrower structures
- Excellent critical thinking and decision making skills; previous relevant experience in underwriting roles with an emphasis on underwriting affordable housing transactions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to detail; proven management capability
- Experience in working with senior level management maintaining confidentiality
- Leadership skills with the capacity to take initiative as well as assume responsibility
- Create a positive, effective work environment conducive to open communications, taking initiatives, and collaborative problem solving team culture
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: \"EEO is the Law poster\" and supplement ; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.