Municipal High Yield Analyst
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- IHS Markit ..
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
Markit’s Municipal Pricing Group provides independent evaluated pricing for rated and high yield Municipal bonds. Markit’s services are used by key financial institutions to help them optimize their price verification, audit and risk management processes. The group is based in New York.
An opportunity exists for a Municipal Bond expert to join Markit Group as an evaluator in the Municipal pricing team covering High Yield credits
Candidates with prior work experience in Municipal products Trading/Syndication, Research, Portfolio Management, Risk Management/Product Control, or Advisory/Third-party valuations experience are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with assessing company financials, monitor news development and market trends
- Actively conversing with underwriters, sell-side research, credit rating agencies, professionals of municipal bond issuers and industry organizations
- Build and maintain pricing models for individual Municipal entities
- Ability to multi-task and enhance the group’s productivity by leveraging automation where applicable
At least 8 years of experience in a trading support, buyside, research, risk management role or pricing role at a financial institution or vendor dealing with Municipal bonds.
Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business preferred. CFA and/or MBA a plus but not required
Detail oriented enough to build high quality, superior products, but commercial enough to be focused on the building the business and satisfying clients
Ability to prioritize responsibilities working in a fast-paced, highly pressured work environment
Ability to digest market information and articulate to all levels in a structured and understandable way
Proficiency in computer software, especially Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint