NAM Capital Markets: Asset Based & Transitional Finance, Full Time Analyst (North America - 2021)
You're the brains behind our work.
You're ready to bring your knowledge from the classroom to the boardroom, and Citi wants to help you get there. Whether it's honing your skills or building your network, we know that success can't come without growth. Our programs equip you with the knowledge and training you need to play a valuable role on your team, and establish a long-term career here. At Citi, we value internal mobility, and career growth is not a question of if, but when.
Citi's Institutional Clients Group is looking for a full-time Analyst to join Capital Markets in the Asset Based & Transitional Finance group in North America. Asset Based & Transitional Finance ("ABTF") is responsible for originating, structuring and syndicating corporate finance transactions for non-investment grade companies and specializes in debt financings for restructurings / turnarounds, bankruptcies, leveraged / management buyouts and asset based loans ("ABL"). ABTF professionals directly advise the senior management of Citi's corporate clients on debt financing and capital structure solutions. ABTF further serves these clients by committing capital to the financing transactions. ABTF directly manages the loan portfolio comprised of these capital commitments. Your time here will look something like this...
* Manage relationships with our fixed income and equity clients.
* Analyze clients capital structure needs and potential solutions.
* Develop a deep understanding of the bank and institutional investor universe and the trends that impact these pools of capital.
* Originate, structure and execute transactions for both strategic needs (e.g., IPOs and LBOs) and normal course refinancing.
* Originate, market, structure and execute fixed income and equity transactions.
* Learn how our many products can be used in concert to provide a fulsome solution to the client.
* Manage overall fixed income and equity relationships.
* Manage dialogues and interactions with corporate clients.
* Demonstrate ways to limit interest rate and credit risk through the use of derivatives. We provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to succeed.
We're committed to teaching you the ropes. The CM Analyst Program trains and grows key players in today's changing economic environment, and will equip you with the knowledge and training you need to help companies and governments raise capital in new and innovative ways. The 2-year Analyst Program starts in June and will kick off with six weeks of training. After the training, Analysts will be placed with one CMO team to work with for the duration of the program. Analysts invited to stay on a third year can stay in their existing group or apply for a one-year rotation in another group at a domestic or international office, and are also eligible for promotion to Associate. We want to hear from you if...
* You will obtain a Bachelor's degree between May 2020 and January 2021
* You will graduate with a 3.3 GPA or above. Who we think will be a great fit...
If you enjoy deconstructing and analyzing new situations, value and hard work creativity, and are motivated by creating a lasting impact with clients, the Citi CMO Analyst Program is a great step in your career. A dedication to learning and a true passion for the business are vital. As industries all over the globe continue to restructure and grow, we are hiring professionals who have a global perspective on the future of banking, and want to make an impact on the corporate level. We value diversity of people and experiences and know you do as well. We' will also be looking for: * Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and career development * A strong desire to learn, and success in team environments * Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills * Interest in building relationships with investors and raising capital * Unquestioned commitment to integrity ethical decision-making