- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
NA Financial Institutions LMS Market Manager
NA Financial Institutions LMS Market Manager
- Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18066173
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
LMS FI Market Manager will be focused on critical deposit optimization and strategic LMS initiatives aligned with directly improving balance sheet quality and support the continued growth of the FI franchise.
Overview and Objective:
The Liquidity Management Services team provides a range of products and services to facilitate and support the efficient treasury management and optimal cash utilization objectives of our clients. The Market Management team works closely with LMS Product Managers and Sales/ Client Coverage teams to deliver thoughtful and competitive Liquidity solutions for the TTS client base. The FI Market Management team focuses exclusively on supporting Broker Dealer, Bank, Insurance, Fund/ Asset Management and other non-Bank Financial Institution clients. These clients represent 52% of the TTS NA deposit base and 45% of NA LMS revenue. This position will lead the effort to raise LCR friendly deposits, execute on strategic LMS initiatives, and provide overall LMS expertise to the FI client management team including pricing, product solutioning and profitability. This position reports to the North America Market Management Head.
- Due to the complexity of Basel III treatment of FI client deposits paired with internal balance sheet pressures (limited capacity, transfer pricing dynamics that impact ultimate client pricing, LCR goals, etc), the FI Market Manager will be focused on critical deposit optimization and strategic LMS initiatives aligned with directly improving balance sheet quality and support the continued growth of the FI franchise. Main responsibilies include:
- Deposit Optimization - Ensure increase in high LCR value deposits, while minimizing non-LCR accretive balances through a combination of re-pricing, re-alignment of balances and, in some cases, development of sub-sector strategies
- Commercialization of new product releases/ enhancements including driving strategic initiatives such as LMS/Payments partnership, Flex Funds (and other off balance sheet alternative), U.S. Cash Mgmt Strategy
- Rising rates/ impact to client pricing/profitability - partner with coverage to develop a re-pricing strategy for the FI book
- Work closely with Sales on Liquidity solutioning, pricing, proposal generation and client-facing regulatory updates; Participate in client discussions to understand client needs and determine opportunities for further client penetration
- Support Market Strategy, Business Reviews and P&L forecasting
- Ensure that team is managing to ICG Deposit (EOP and Average) targets
- Work with balance sheet management and Treasury to implement strategies to maximize base NRFF, Hedge & LP revenue
- High level of exposure to Sales, Product, Treasury, Finance and other partners
- Live deal management experience and client interaction
- TTS management exposure vis a vis delivery on critical initiatives
- In depth understanding of balance sheet management and FI client impacts
- Potential to drive large revenue opportunities and strategic initiatives for the bank
- Financial Institution and/or Liquidity management experience; understanding of sector and liquidity product sets
- Excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of Basel III
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong project management skills and comfort with matrix reporting environment