National Sales Manager Defined Contribution
Description About this role U.S. Retirement Group Defined Contribution - National Sales Manager - Director/Managing Director
BlackRock's Retirement Group (RG) was created to help address America's retirement crisis by leveraging our unique capabilities to make it easier for people to save through their employers' workplace savings plans. With over half of BlackRock's assets under management related to retirement, we understand that our firm has a special responsibility in pioneering a better retirement for all.
Our work in RG is at the heart of the firm's Purpose - helping more and more people experience financial wellbeing - and we are central to BlackRock's firm narrative, helping millions of people build savings that serve them throughout their lives.
We are comprised of two underlying businesses - Defined Contribution (DC) and Retirement Insurance (RI) - collectively overseeing more than $1T in AUM. Serving 72K+ DC plans, including over 60% of the Fortune 100, we ultimately reach more than 40M participants across the U.S. and Canada.
Innovation is core to who we are and what we do. We lead the industry as the #1 DC investment-only provider and pioneer of the target date fund - and we're constantly setting the standard to drive better outcomes for our clients and pave the way for the next generation of retirement solutions.
Alongside our business objectives, we are deeply committed to developing our talent and actively maintain and engage our RG Talent Committee, RG People & Culture Committee and Women in RG. Together, these groups shape our team culture - with an emphasis on inclusion and diversity. Your Role
BlackRock's Retirement Group is seeking an experienced professional in a National Sales Manager capacity to lead, manage, and develop relationships within the Retail pillar of our U.S Defined Contribution business. Such relationships include financial advisors that focus on corporate, public, and higher education defined contribution plans, as well as National/Divisional Sales Managers of our record keeper partners. The role reports into the head of distribution for BlackRock's retirement business.
This individual will manage a team of approximately 20 external and internal wholesalers and is expected to operate in a "player/coach" capacity. In addition, this individual will also work closely with sales leaders within the broader DC business, including institutional, intermediary, and Aggregator sales leaders, and will also be a key liaison into BlackRock's broader wealth business.
This business leader is responsible for establishing and executing on business strategy while communicating the best of BlackRock's investment capabilities. The ideal candidate has deep experience and is passionate about retirement-related matters and challenges, understands target date funds, and is familiar with investment vehicles available to various DC plan types. Your Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications
- Develop, lead, implement a strong business strategy for the DC Retail business.
- Further expand our thought leadership position, bringing the best of BlackRock to our advisor partners and their clients.
- Operate in a "player/coach" capacity, developing strong relationships with key decision-makers at priority advisors/record keepers and coaching the broader team in their sales activities and tactics.
- Lead talent management and development including the monitoring of sales activities, shaping territory business plans, sharing effective sales tactics and seeking ways to optimize sales processes.
- Monthly reviews of performance to guide your sales team on differentiating, innovating, and excelling in their roles.
- Coordinate firm-specific initiatives and collaborate effectively to further relationship development, home office initiatives and thematic campaigns.
- Represent BlackRock in advisor and regional meetings, BlackRock-hosted events, and industry conferences.
- Cultivate high functioning collaboration across cross-functional groups, contributing significantly to strategy development, sales narratives, new initiatives and special projects.
- Demonstrated success and regard as a leader among industry peers and trusted resource to advisors.
- Established relationships with major DC investment advisors and key contacts within the record keeping community.
- Extensive knowledge of industry trends, academic fundamentals, portfolio theory.
- Minimum 5+ years as an experienced wholesaler preferred.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, particularly around time management and prioritization.
- Dedicated, forward-thinking and intuitive natural leader who exudes confidence and competence.
- Strategic problem solver committed to collaboration, innovation and team function.
- Diplomacy, graciousness, humility, intellectual curiosity, motivation, resiliency and commitment to excellence.
- Executive level verbal and written communication skills.
- BA/BS; Graduate coursework or degree preferable.
- Series 7, 63 (or 66) licenses required; Series 24 preferred or attained within 6 months of hire date.
- 12+ years relevant sales experience.
- Travel will be required for success in this role.
- Clean U-4.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.