.Net Software Developer
As a .NET Core software developer, you assist the product development team in building Cloud Migration tools as part of the Cloud Infrastructure and Engineering (CIE) division. Having recently acquired a company called ATADATA that specializes in Cloud Migration tools, we are in the process of building the Next Gen version of this Cloud Migration tool.
Work you'll do
You will be part of a small, yet dynamic team that still retains it's startup roots and culture, while working within the large and powerful umbrella that is Deloitte. We are an agile software team following Scrum best practices. The Next Gen product is being built on a .NET MVC framework using a responsive UI front end, C# back end, and a MySQL DB.
Some of the key requirements for this position include:
• 4+ years of working knowledge of building .NET MVC applications
• 2+ years of working knowledge of building .NET Core applications
• 3+ years of experience with building Web APIs (REST)
• Experience building responsive Web UI screens using modern tools like Angular (6.0+) / ExtJS / NodeJS
• Experience using/building applications using an Entity Framework
• Expertise with relational databases, especially SQL Server and/or MySQL
• 4+ years of C# development expertise
• Working knowledge of asynchronous programming
• Building unit tests into core code for better CI/CD
Additionally, the following areas of expertise will be nice to have:
• Hands-on experience being part of an Agile team, preferably Scrum
• Experience using a TDD model
• Working knowledge of background asynchronous queuing mechanisms like Rabbit MQ, MSMQ, etc.
• Building web applications that require some level of security access layers and IAM roles
• Experience with any infrastructure/cloud migration tools will be highly preferable
• Experience with Product Management tools like JIRA/Rally/TFS
• Experience with code repositories like Azure DevOps/BitBucket/SVN/GitHub
• Working knowledge of using CI/CD tools Requirements:
- 4 years Bachelor's degree in computer science or related degree
- The desire/ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle teams spread across multiple time zones
- Ability to learn new functional domain areas like Cloud Infrastructure and Cloud Migrations
- Good communication skills - you will be responsible to report up to management on your team's activities/progress
- Ability to work under pressure - we operate under a "work hard, play hard" mindset
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. Benefits
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. Deloitte's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. Corporate citizenship
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world. Recruiter tips
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCSRCTC035-CBO