Network Security Engineer
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today’s global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is wholly-owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions are an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer, complying with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which operating, and provide equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch Ratings is seeking a Network Securirty Engineer to join the Network Engineering team within Fitch’s IT Infrastructure Group. The team is responsible for Network, Network Security, Cisco Voice and the Video collaboration platform.
The Network Security Engineer has accountability for researching, designing, engineering, implementing, and supporting network security solutions. The candidate will utilize in-depth technical knowledge and business requirements to help design and implement secure solutions.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of network security best practices and various tools (Cisco VPN, Palo Alto VPN, Cisco ACS, Cisco ISE, NGFW, Solarwinds, IP Management tools, WireShark, SIEM, Sumo Logic, Pulse Secure, etc).
- Ability to create accurate system diagrams and documentation for design and planning network security systems.
- Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
- Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Dependable and flexible when necessary.
The candidate must possess the following skills, experiences and qualities:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in security or engineering discipline
- Eperience designing and deploying security solutions for Network Access Control as well as experience with Firewalls, IDS/IPS, WAF, Proxies, VPN, DDoS.
- Ability to quickly diagnose the problem areas and come up with solutions and/or workarounds
- Ability to understand the requirements and analyze the technical feasibility and design against the requirements.
- Able to work effectively with remote locations including onsite/offshore stakeholders
- Knowledge and experience architecting complex enterprise cybersecurity solutions
- Experience coordinating delivery of project/changes milestones, ensures projects stay on target, escalating and identifying roadblocks.
- Ability to work independently, creative thinker/solver
- Strong communication skills – meaning professional demeanor in all situations and sensitivity to other cultures by adjusting communication styles - preferably experience in working in global industry
- Be detail oriented and thorough in all aspects of work
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch’s credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the code of ethics and conduct page - http://www.fitchratings.com/web/en/dynamic/about-us/code-of-ethics-and-conduct.jsp