News Automation Content Engineer - News
Bloomberg is the predominant force in financial market news. Our clients are financial market professionals and decision-makers in corporations and government. We deliver lightning fast market-moving news through the Bloomberg Terminal, on mobile, web and by downstream syndication. News Automation at Bloomberg is at the forefront of split second news delivery and breaking news. We deliver fully automated news stories based on streams of real-time data and provide constant analysis of the state of the financial world.
The News Automation Content Engineering team is responsible for creating the programs which turn any of the thousands of data sets available on the Terminal into human-readable stories and deliver the news before the competition. What's in it for you:
You'll join and contribute to a crucial area of Bloomberg News. The automations you build will generate real-time stories on the Bloomberg production news wires accessible to all of our clients. We have an excellent team of experienced journalists that our team collaborates with, who are highly regarded within the financial market and technologists who are at the top of their game. Not only do we use the best technologies, including our advanced automation platform, but you'll be able to help determine the future vision of the News product as well as the automation platform itself. You will gain exposure to the full spectrum of our financial data, and help craft standards for a new way of breaking news. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Be responsible for writing programs and templates and configuring triggers that will generate fully automated stories in production
- See your ideas through from start to finish
- Develop strong working relationships with your counterparts in News and Engineering
We'd love to see:
- 2+ years experience programming in Python
- Experience or education in Journalism (Ideal)
- Superb communication skills as you will be working closely with journalists, business management and software development teams
- Excellent attention to detail
- An appreciation for how data sets underpin the world's financial systems- if you don't know anything about finance, you'll pick it up by interacting with a world-class team of market experts.
- Experience working with large data sets
- A passion for advancing the field of journalism through the use of technology
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are. ?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.