Non-Financial Risk Management (NFRM) Response Management
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated leader to join the Non-Financial Risk Management (NFRM) team with the Chief Risk Officer (CRO) organization. The CRO's purpose is to drive strategic and sustainable returns on risk that reflect the Risk Appetite of the bank. To fulfill our mandate we need the skills, experience and engagement of our employees. Our dynamic environment also means that you have the flexibility to help us define and establish new processes and procedures, start or expand a business and shape our company for the future. We offer a fast-paced, collaborative and diverse work environment that will support innovation, creativity and entrepreneurial ideas.
This individual will be responsible for leading Regulatory and Audit Response Management, which includes the following:
- Establish standard methodologies and standards for regulatory and audit engagement to improve our efficiency and performance
- Provide guidance on regulatory matters and continually improve our practice to identify, assess, control, and monitor regulatory communication.
- Strengthen the operating model and coordination with SMEs, Internal Audit, Regulatory Affairs/Regulatory Relationship Managers, and Regulatory Risk Management
- Coordinate deliverables and responses across multiple business partners on behalf of the Group Head of NFRM
- Identify mitigating facts and circumstances (as applicable) to rebut issues identified during examinations or other engagements.
- Prepare substantive written responses to regulatory requests and examination reports.
- Lead all aspects of regulatory and audit responses/deliverables to ensure accuracy/relevance of content and timeliness of response
- Proactively navigate the audit and exam process in defining scope, timing, mentorship on responding to requests to ensure relevant content
- Maintain our centralized platform for tracking, reporting and storing relevant content on our all engagements
- Work with Regulatory Change groups to understand impacts of policy and regulation changes
- Analyze and summarize information/documentation at a strategic level to deliver management information for Regulators, BoD and management committee updates
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Equivalent work experience of 8+ years with a leading consulting firm within financial services or an international investment bank.
- Equivalent experience in regulatory exam management
- Experience delivering Operational Risk strategic initiatives and/or large scale regulatory remediation initiatives
- Outstanding understanding of risk management frameworks
- Positive relationship management skills, ability to work in a matrix environment and lead others that are not direct reports.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing processes, detail oriented, with shown ability to question and find opportunities for process improvements.
- Analytics, solution oriented, problem solver.
- Ability to handle multiple, concurrent priorities.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.