Open Source Engineering, NY, NY
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our engineers solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems in financial services via collaboration and innovation. We build parallel systems, analyzes oceans of data, architect and implement scalable and reliable infrastructure, proactively guard against cyber threats, and continuously deliver technology solutions to connect people and capital for a better economy.
The Engineering Division is at the critical center of our business. Our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit and lead technology possibilities? Start here. Who We Are
The Open Source Engineering team builds tools, platforms, and processes to enable our developers to contribute to open source and engage with the open source community. Our team crafts innovative solutions to give our developers a streamlined experience when contributing to open source. We also act as a driver for change by championing open source across the firm and encouraging engineers at all levels to contribute to open source. We practice what we preach and strive to use and contribute to open source tools and projects to solve our problems. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS How will you fulfill your potential?
- Build tools to enable contributions to open source
- Leverage GitHub and other public APIs to collect statistics about open source contributions from Goldman Sachs
- Strong technical ability, willingness to learn and evolve your skills with advances in technology
- Team player, eager to work and collaborate with a global group of colleagues
- Analytical mindset, creativity, and commercial focus
- Judgment to prioritize and escalate issues as needed
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interest in learning about open source practices and projects
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor or Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Contributor to one or more open source projects
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.