Operational Excellence, Associate
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jun 18 2018-06-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Operational Excellence Group is a newly formed global function responsible for identifying and helping design and build key process improvements and enhancements, contributing to the firm’s goal of increasing operational scale and leverage. The group will partner with business leaders and COOs along with BPI, Tech & Ops, APG and RQA to proactively identify, develop and execute various process initiatives. The group will also investigate certain critical operational events, at the direction of the COO, and identify key lessons and potential systemic concerns across the firm. The group seeks to attract and develop best-in-class talent from multi-disciplinary backgrounds including asset management, operations, technology, data science, risk management and finance. Successful professionals in the group will demonstrate a strong understanding of the asset and risk management businesses, capability to leverage technology and data analytics, build strong working relationships with business partners, and deliver value-added services which strengthen the Company’s operating environment.
The Associate - OE will be expected to understand various operational processes, and help analyze data and identify improvement opportunities. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Contribute towards helping develop an approach for the OE function
- Design and execute on the plan for development of projects and other related activities
- Assist in the identification and creation of a tool-set to facilitate the OE process
- Partner with leadership at various levels across the firm to analyze process data and surface improvement opportunities
- Day-to-day work may involve process mapping, data analysis, project planning, understanding root-causes of operating errors and other related events, and interacting with people at various levels to understand issues and emerging risks
- Scope of the work/projects include but is not limited to process analysis, efficiencies, automation, technology adoption, and driving innovation
- Work closely with the COOs of various functions, or with business leaders to plan, define, manage and communicate priorities for the transformation or change initiatives
- Partner with adjacent functions of BPI, Operations Risk, and other Change Management groups to find synergies, learnings, and help to accelerate the pace of change across functions
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.