- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 16 Jul 18
Operational Risk Global Markets Operations Coverage – AVP #114516
An opportunity within the Credit Suisse Operational Risk Management team (ORM) to function as an Operational Risk Manager covering Global Markets Operations. Part of the CRO/Risk Organization, ORM is the second line of defense for managing operational risk at Credit Suisse, covering all risks of loss or break-down from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or from external events.
The purpose of our Coverage teams is to advise on and embed sound operational risk management practices with risk owners, and to provide robust, impactful review and challenge of their execution of these practices. We aim to make risk awareness, controls and culture central to business practices and to increase the quality of strategic decision making, so as to limit risks that may lead to losses, regulatory scrutiny or reputational exposure.
Global Markets Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted business area that partners with all parts of the Global Markets Division to provide support to our internal and external clients. It includes Trade Management, Margin Services, Prime Client Operations, Loan Operations, Brokerage, Clearing & Execution, and Client Onboarding, Integration, Data and Valuations.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Independently oversee, advise, review and challenge Global Markets Operations in various risk management activities, from both a regional perspective and in conjunction with the global ORM team.
- Develop solid relationships with key stakeholders in Global Markets Operations, related areas, and with other ORM teams to ensure effective collaboration.
- Work in partnership with Global Markets Operations units to support their first line responsibilities and provide guidance on various activities throughout the year, including Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSA), incident analysis and reporting, strengthening the Controls environment and overseeing control testing and documentation.
- Assist with, review, challenge, and provide quality assurance of the Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSA) in accordance with the RCSA policy.
- Review and challenge internal incidents reported to determine root cause(s), assess existing control design and operation, identify issues and monitor remedial actions that mitigate the risk of occurrence of future losses, in accordance with the Incident Collation policy established by the firm.
- Perform deep dives to better understand processes and control environments in order to recommend remediation steps and address issues in the risk and control environment.
- Participate in regular partnership meetings with Global Markets Operations stakeholders to help support the identification, assessment, escalation and mitigation of operational risks and to continuously evaluate and improve the control issues.
- Provide training to the Global Markets Operations areas on the individual components of the Operational Risk Framework to ensure compliance with the relevant regulations and Bank policies.
- College degree plus 3 to 5 years of relevant employment experience
- An ability to delve into processes and identify risks/control gaps, preferably before they occur.
- An ability to think independently and present views in an objective and credible manner while maintaining solid relationships with stakeholders.
- Interpersonal, communication skills (both verbal and written) and willingness to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple priorities, delivering to established timelines, and to high quality standards.
- Being able to present to senior management and stand one's ground when necessary.
- Good understanding or experience working in one or more Global Markets businesses from a front to back perspective, e.g. pre-trade through trade capture/execution, settlement and general ledger, is desirable.
- Hands on experience in one or more Operations functions (preferred)
- Prior exposure to Operational Risk Management methodologies and/or risk management concepts (preferred)
- Familiarity with the US regulatory landscape and applicable rules/regs (preferred)