- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 22 Jul 18
Operational Risk Thematic & Change Reviews Lead - VP #114342
An opportunity within the Credit Suisse Operational Risk Management team (ORM) to function as the Thematic Reviews & Strategic Change Assessment lead for the Americas. Part of the CRO/Risk Organization, ORM is the second line of defense for managing operational risk at Credit Suisse, covering all risks of loss or break-down from inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or from external events.
Strategic Change Assessment provides operational risk oversight and opinion on major change programs. The objective of these assessments is to identify the potential consequential operational risk introduced by the change program during transition and upon delivery as well as to identify any anticipated operational risk benefits.
Thematic Reviews focuses on targeted deep dive reviews as directed by regional and global ORM senior management and can be focused on specific businesses, products and/or themes. The objective is to provide deep analysis and assessment of operational risks, with an emphasis on emerging operational risks and enhancement to our risk management environment.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Perform thematic reviews and business reviews as required, with clear descriptions, recommendations and read across to lessons learnt for all business lines, including communication to various governance committees across the firm.
- Identify key strategic initiatives and thematic risks that require focused operational risk management input and oversight due to either their potential for introducing operational risk during their lifetime; and / or their potential for delivering operational risk benefits as part of their core objectives.
- Ensure Operational Risk is actively represented in the governance for those major change programs in a consistent fashion
- Collate and ensure the provisioning of metrics, dashboards and analytics to senior management to ensure they have the appropriate understanding of Operational Risk associated with the major change programs across the Firm, including compliance with the key policies and appropriate Risk Appetite.
- Manage relationships with senior stakeholders across the Firm in relation to major strategic change programs
- Understand, document and ensure transparency across the key risks relating to the major strategic change programs
- Providing robust and effective challenge to elements of the major strategic change programs
- Partner with relevant program managers and associated teams including providing training, direction, advice and robust challenge where necessary.
- Act in an advisory capacity on internal Operational Risk delivery
- Direct, manage and develop an AVP level resource supporting Thematic Reviews & Strategic Change Assessments.
- 10 years of prior risk / control / audit experience and experience of strategic change programs including risk and control management principles and techniques in a financial services business
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships across multiple functions and at multiple levels.
- Prior exposure to Operational Risk Management methodologies and/or risk management concepts.
- Prior experience of driving strategic change programs. Evidence of developing standards, training, program management frameworks etc. would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, team working, stakeholder management and organisational skills.
- Ability to think independently and present views in an objective and credible manner; being able to present to senior management and stand one's ground when necessary.
- Ability to think strategically, demonstrating thought leadership whilst being capable of translating concepts into effective implementation.
- Familiarity with the US regulatory landscape and applicable rules/regs.
- Educated to Degree level.