Operations - Regulatory & Control Operations - New Bus & Tax Compliance - Sr. Associate/VP- New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a growing organization and work as part of a global team to drive strategy in a constantly changing environment? We are looking for an Associate with Tax or Operations experience to join the Business Analysis team with the Tax Operations Department.
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a global team to drive strategy in a constantly changing environment. Consequently, this role requires an energetic, enthusiastic and driven individual. OUR IMPACT
Operations individuals are critical thinkers who partner with groups in all areas of the firm and external counterparts to perform financial and data analytics, process re-engineering and enablement of new business, leveraging business intelligence and automation tools such as Tableau, Alteryx & SQL. Our division provides critical insight and control around front to back workflow and design to ensure business flows smoothly across our global offices.
Tax Operations is a multi-region, cross product team within the Operations division that conducts Tax Business Analysis for new business and regulatory driven change including the firm's new consumer businesses. In addition, the team actively supports workflow and controls associated with Tax Reporting, Withholding and Transactional tax across the globe, while continuously seeking out new opportunities for process improvement and commercial opportunities. From day one, team members will play a vital role in upholding the three Operations principles of client focus, process innovation, and risk management and will liaise heavily with colleagues across the firm including the Trading desks, PWM business, Tax Department, Legal & Asset Servicing. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR - BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- You will act as a risk manager for the firm through ongoing assessment and awareness of the tax regulatory environment and the firm's adherence to its regulatory obligations
- Industrialize and automate processes and ensure effective controls are implemented
- Perform impact assessments on tax processes for new markets, new products, business reorganizations, system changes and new/changed tax regulations
- Review and interpret market updates to evaluate tax impact and outline operational proposals to adapt to the change
- Leverage your quantitative skills to translate complex rule change to workable business and functional requirements
- Partner with key stakeholders within Operations, Trading, Tax and Technology
- You will have excellent opportunities to develop your career as regulatory change management is at the forefront of the firm's strategy and the industry
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong analytical, problem solving and documentation skills with an ability to understand complex workflows
- Results orientated - ability to balance multiple, time-sensitive projects while maintaining a longer term, strategic focus
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to influence senior business stakeholders and make decisions
- Strong attention to detail
- Proactive and self -starting individual with high level of ownership
- Flexibility and ability to learn quickly
- Strong data analysis skills; MS Access or SQL skills a plus
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills essential
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in decision modelling, writing functional requirements, performing root cause analysis and executing UAT testing
- Technical background preferred, ability to partner with both technology and non-technology resources
- Exposure to U.S. tax regulations change management initiatives a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity