Operations Associate - Asset Management
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Mar 18 2018-03-15
A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is looking to hire an Operations Analyst with 5+ years of fixed income / derivative operations experience within the asset management / hedge fund / banking industries. The role requires significant interaction with both the internal trading desk and external fund administrator and provides the opportunity to work on a growing platform with an increasing amount of assets under management.
Market Operations Analyst
Our client is an institutional asset management firm at the forefront of designing and delivering investment solutions and it has grown to be one of the largest asset managers in the industry, winning industry recognition for investment capabilities across liability driven investment, fixed income, multi asset and absolute return.
The firm's top strategic growth objective is their expansion into the North American market.
A middle-office professional with 5 - 10+ years experience in a Fixed Income / Derivatives support role who will support the North America operations of a global asset manager.
This role supports an internal trading desk and primarily oversees and supports an outsourced back office (fund administrator) in addition to supporting and providing industry expertise in handling open issues, contributes to projects, scrutinizes process controls and manages daily relationships. The role requires a significant amount of time working through open issues with multiple stakeholders.
- Daily review of front office system reconciliations and work with outsourced back office and trading desk to rectify outstanding issues.
- Rectify outstanding asset setup issues and corporate actions
- Follow up on trade breaks, overdrafts and other cash related issues
- Review, identify and enhance process controls.
- Work with IT with regard to trade data quality, efficiency of processes, electronic trading system connectivity.
- Post and approve client cash activity
- Monitor account on boarding and transition activities and resolve any related issues
- Participate in weekly service meetings to discuss business activity, open issues and outline steps to resolve any outstanding items.
- Review and approve leveraged loan trade details and work with loans team in rectifying any trade related details.
- Work with London Market Operations Team in aligning procedures and oversight methodology
- 5+ years of operations experience within the asset management industry supporting fixed income securities and / or derivatives
- Custody and Front Office System Reconciliations
- Trade Processing:
- Front Office systems (Bloomberg AIM, Charles River)
- Working closely with Trading Desk on revising trades, monitoring cash, corporate actions and overdrafts.
- Asset Setups and Data Governance
- Trade matching and settlements
- Knowledge of DTC, OMGEO, ALERT
- Client related activities:
- Mutual Funds, Hedge Funds
- Security Pricing
- Investment Products:
- Bonds, including structured products (MBS, TBA, etc..)
- Exchange Traded Derivatives (Treasury Futures, Fx Futures)
- Fx Forwards
- Audit Requests