Redstone Commodity Search focus on offering 360° search solutions to the global commodities markets. With a competitive coverage of Trading Houses, Producers, Majors, Utilities, Merchants, Hedge Funds, Investment Banks and Brokerages; Redstone Commodity Search can confidently offer you an edge in today’s volatile market.
Redstone Commodity Search are working with an international vehicle trader looking to hire an operations / shipping manager.
Key Responsibilities / Tasks
- Ensuring successful operation of the trade lifecycle from point of origin to customers on a global scale
- Optimizing physical movement / international shipping of vehicles and overseeing the coordination of shipment documents through expanding logistics and negotiating transportation costs
- Supervise other operation team members and occasionally travel to operations sites and vendors
- Manage all trade finance operations through working closely with banks (L/C advice, review, credit facility utilizations, documentary presentations, discrepancy handling, payment follow up, etc)
- Role reports to Director of Operations
Key Qualifications / Experience
- 4+ years working in operations, logistics, international trading, trade finance or a similar role
- Understanding of global shipping and being versed in the associated terminology and documentation (B/L, Packing Lists, COO, COI, etc)
- Experience with logistics and handling of Letters of Credit (L/C) particularly focussing in Latin America and Asia (L/C advice, review, credit facility utilizations, documentary presentations, discrepancy handling, payment follow up, etc)
- Attention to detail due to independent responsibility for handling high value transactions with critical shipping documents, Fluency in English and Spanish required
- Located in New York / happy to relocate